• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington Racing

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Tim,

a great idea. Thanks for making/ posting this clip. If just the weather would been better and no misfires :)

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Bernd_st, it was still a great day even though the Harrington struggled.

My wife and I had not seen classic car racing like this before, it was fantastic. This type of racing should get broadcast to a far wider audience on TV, it is so much more exciting that the F1 or Touring car races.

Tim R

GlennB

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks all, actually the misfire disappeared over 3000 RPM, and the main problem was brakes sticking on for a few seconds after each application. I now have a new servo and a master cylinder repair kit for sorting over the winter. The video actually makes the weather look reasonable, so I thought you'd like to see what my visibility was like using my new front and back HD camera system. GB ;-)

Attachments

• Lydden Forward view.jpg
    Lydden Forward view.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Lydden Rear view.jpg
    Lydden Rear view.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 25

Limey

Donation Time
Makes you wonder about the size of the balls of the guys that drive the Mulsanne straight at night in the rain at 200mph. Gives me the shivers...

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Glenn, you are a brave guy . Going racing with brakes hanging on in combination with such a bad visibility :oops:. In that context the misfire appears a minor issue...