• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Trying to find Ken Wilcox, LAT hood maker

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I want to order a LAT hood
I have what seems like an old number from Doug Jennings, but some searches on Aerodyne came up with the identical address & number:

Kent Wilcox (Aerodyne Engineering)
1763 North Marshall Avenue
El Cajon, CA 92040
(619) 448-6700
I guess I'll call him...
Anyone buy a LAT hood from Ken recently?
Jan

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jan,

Try the CAT forum, more likely to get a hit. If you cant i belive Dale A also does high quality LAT hoods and Jeff Haworth in the UK, he may have sold a few stateside as stock to somone a fee years back.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
On CAT white pages

That's the same number. I have one of Dale's be prepared for some grinding and fitting.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Paul Scofield spent countless hours fitting his Dale's hood. One of his last posts about it on Facebook said "If you're thinking about fitting an LAT hood.......
This hood is now coming off for the ninth time and I'm just finishing the front edge.!!"

FWIW, this company also sells them. The have Tigers listed under "Ford Cars".
http://www.usbodysource.com/

alpine_64

Donation Time
I think the fit is always going to be subjet to the car... Some may leave mpre material to allow more adjustment, some may suffer from variation between the mold they are from and the guard/ valence they line up to.

I have a Haworth one but not fitted it.... Will be 9 years next year...eeek.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Lat Hood For Sale

I saw a LAT hood for sale at the UNITED XXXVI in VA.

It was a new one and the seller wanted about $700 He showed up and left the Hood there a few days, was still there when I left early Sunday morning.

A Gent by the name of Russ was basically in charge of the Parts Room and would know how to get in touch with the Seller.

I tried several times before I left but had no luck.

Was a bit interested in getting one for my '65 SIV GT BW35 gettin' the 4.0 V6

Hope you have better luck than I did! Another Guy ( Eric G) might also know of the Seller.

DanR

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I have a carbon fiber LAT hood on my Tiger. I don't know where my dad bought it. The edges fit perfectly all around - side to side. However, the curvature of the hood is such that from the side it is not a perfect, flush match. That said, I love it and even though I have the stock hood in perfect condition, I'd never swap it on.
Tiger Woodley.jpg

cottageblue

Donation Time
Bought hood from ken about two years ago. Excellent quality. Had my lotus guy do fit and fair. very little required.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I recently got a car with a original LAT hood. I was able to Google stalk the names on the 1968 registration and that PO told me he had it put a on. What great fit gel coat on edges. As I hear it Dale used an original for a pattern. There is a shrinkage to be figured as well. A fellow Tiger guy is a boat repair guy and says figuring out the shrinkage is challenging. My Dale's good took lots of belt sanding and tweaking. Then when it sits in the sun it moves being black doesn't help.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Aluminium LAT anyone.....? Seen a few steel and aluminum iterations of the LAT hood.... Would seem ali is the best .. Fit and weight... And its metal...

Apparently some have done carbon fibre ones... Bit to "fast and tge the furious" for me.... But if painted and you don't see the weave its probably nice :)