• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Front wire wheel hubs

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Will look and let you know. Just brought home over 2 tons of Tiger Toms used parts! 3 engines, 8 transmissions, Tiger bits,etc, etc,Tiger Tom parts.jpg Tiger Tom parts 1.jpg

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
DSC02038.JPG DSC02040.JPG Thanks to Kevin for helping with the heavy lifting! Sorry you got so dirty doing so. Yes Bernd, all parts filthy dirty from being in the open front shed for so many years. Also found a few mouse nests (complete with mice) in the seats so I left the seats there! And if you leave the lock out of the center console, mice can enter and build a huge nest inside. I left that center console there as well...... Eric

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
That's the joy of cleaning out a parts collection some diamonds some scrap. Tiger Tom's moto was to never throw away a Sunbeam part.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Excellent that you rescued most of that stuff. Few treats already spotted in there...

I also had a nasty mice experience recently when I pulled a used 1725cc out of a garden shed. Need to look for that picture somewhere...

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
IMG_3634.jpg IMG_2440.JPG Had to get a picture of the mummified mouse in the Alpine last Nov before it was cleared out. Nest between the cowel vents(Barb was not amused). They love the cowel area can really pack stuff in there. This was a 30 yr barn storage, made for a great ambiance in the shop last winter.

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Oops ! Perhaps we should open a separate "best mice experience" thread :rolleyes:
Many see here
AP7190061.JPG AP8060062.JPG Robert

Attachments

• AP8060062.JPG
    AP8060062.JPG
    385.5 KB · Views: 14

mikephillips

Donation Time
Not that I don't trust Eric, I've known him for years, but be careful putting together used hubs and wheels. The splines tend to wear as pairs and used components pressure points on the splines in both probably won't match and can in fact increase wear as they run. The spines in both should be as close to unworn as you can manage or both could end up requiring replacement sooner than you want. Most of us are not used to wire wheels anymore and how they feel and look as completely new hubs/wheels, how they wear and how that wear can affect emergency braking and such. Go with what you're comfortable with, just be aware.

canbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
You're a brave man Eric. I could never bring that volume of parts home because the divorce would cost way more than the value of the parts.....;)