• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine Tachometer

Filister

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi guys. Anyone have a known good Alpine Series 4 tachometer for sale or trade. Driver quality. 2nd choice would be a Series 5 tach and speedo set. (to keep matching fonts). I realize series 4 is +ground and 5 is -. I will be changing the 4 to - grnd.

When i put the 1725 in my series 1 rapier I lost the cable drive so can't use the stock gauges. I would like to stay with rootes gauges if possible and not go aftermarket. I have the small gauges but would consider a full set of gauges if reasonable.

I have not seen any way using stock rootes parts to add the cable drive to the 1725. Did I miss something?

I have many alpine mechanical parts to trade if somebody needs something.

Thanks in advance

65beam

Donation Time
Hi guys. Anyone have a known good Alpine Series 4 tachometer for sale or trade. Driver quality. 2nd choice would be a Series 5 tach and speedo set. (to keep matching fonts). I realize series 4 is +ground and 5 is -. I will be changing the 4 to - grnd.

When i put the 1725 in my series 1 rapier I lost the cable drive so can't use the stock gauges. I would like to stay with rootes gauges if possible and not go aftermarket. I have the small gauges but would consider a full set of gauges if reasonable.

I have not seen any way using stock rootes parts to add the cable drive to the 1725. Did I miss something?

I have many alpine mechanical parts to trade if somebody needs something.

Thanks in advance
I added a 1725 to one of my cars and no longer had a cable to operate the tach. I sent the original cable driven tach to Nisonger in N.Y. and they converted it to an electronic tach with three wires.

Filister

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for the reply. I got an estimate of approx$350 to do this conversion from Nisonger. That's well beyond the budget for what I want to do.

alpine_64

Donation Time
You can switch the cable drive onto the later setup but you have to do some machine work and mods to the mount...

The siv gauges are not to hard to find

Filister

Gold Level Sponsor
I will probably consider the mechanical mods in the future, the stock AC gauges are very nice looking but all need restoring. That'll be future work. Right now now just trying to finish off my set of Alpine Jaegers for a driver.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I will probably consider the mechanical mods in the future, the stock AC gauges are very nice looking but all need restoring. That'll be future work. Right now now just trying to finish off my set of Alpine Jaegers for a driver.
I may have a Series IV tachometer I will check later today. P

90days

Donation Time
I have a full set of gauges from my V series if you still need them. I went will a set of Speed hut gauges. Let me know!

canbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
I have a bunch of Alpine tachs, and probably all the gauges for all 5 series for that matter that I would be happy to sell, but couldn't promise which ones work. Anyone know the easiest way to bench test them? I'm pretty sure I know which one went in the Series IV, but do you know the part number on the face?

Filister

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for then reply. I have just received a set and I am currently testing them out. If they work out I won't be needing anymore. If not I'll message you.

Thanks