• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine 2000

mototron

Donation Time
Yes it is a 2.2 s2000 engine and 6 speed trans
with a miata Rack and a s2000 steering column
volvo 240 motor mounts and a Rig of an Exhaust
Need to change the rear end gears , the 3.89 gear are way to low
I can start in 3rd and drive it like a 4 speed
Vtec kicks in around 6 - 6.5 K ( hold on to your Hat )

alpine_64

Donation Time
Rocco,

Will you be adding back some form of scuttle brace? The lhs looks like stock bar would work..right maybe relocate?

I have heard great things about this car. There is also another nice s2000 conversion that has been done... Could this be the new 171 v6 conversion replacement?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
[QUOTE Could this be the new 171 v6 conversion replacement?[/QUOTE]
Not in this incarnation. The frame has been cut away to provide exhaust clearance, stock steering has been replaced, scuttle braces removed and there appears to be no air intake system.

The lure of the Ford 2.8 swap is that it produces a finished car that requires no major modification of the Alpine. These are two completely different swaps with no comparison when looked at from either a power or installation viewpoint.

Bill

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bill,

Agreed Rocco's has a lot of mods, but the survivor blue SV that was done retained the factory body.. No serious cutying iirc... Cant recall if they kept stock steering or used dales front end conversion

mototron

Donation Time
First off, this is not a easy swap ,cross member and tunnel mods,are extensive .
as for power,reliability it exceeds the Ford 2.8 in Stock form
ford 2.8 = 115 hp Carburetor , s2000 = 237 hp Digital fuel Injection
The Cold air Intake is in the works . I find that cowl braces do not make much of a difference
In the ride or handling but will most likely fabricate new ones
I need to increase the steering Radius, the MGB steering arms are little long with Miata Rack
I have a Chevy 10 bolt rear with a posi and 3.55 and will most likely modify it for the
Alpine , since i already have it sitting around unless someone has a completed rear they can part with .
Like I said ,A work in progress . I have to work on customers cars most of the time to pay the bills
I Drive it Every day !

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
[QUOTE Could this be the new 171 v6 conversion replacement?
Not in this incarnation. The frame has been cut away to provide exhaust clearance, stock steering has been replaced, scuttle braces removed and there appears to be no air intake system.

The lure of the Ford 2.8 swap is that it produces a finished car that requires no major modification of the Alpine. These are two completely different swaps with no comparison when looked at from either a power or installation viewpoint.

Bill[/QUOTE]
That stuff doesn't fly with me,putting a V6 in an Alpine does require modifications however slight they may be!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor

Bill
That stuff doesn't fly with me,putting a V6 in an Alpine does require modifications however slight they may be![/QUOTE]
Please reread my post. I stated "no MAJOR" modification. Your disagreeing about something that was never said nor implied.

Bill

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I was around for most of the work Rocco did and can confirm that this was a lot of work and not something most of us could tackle. It would be very interesting to compare this build to the other one in the club; having watched Rocco do this work I cannot see how the engine/transmission could be made to fit without the mods Rocco made to the car, although the existence of the other car would certainly indicate that it is possible. What I can also confirm is that the car is incredibly smooth and fast. I'm waiting until he finishes sorting the steering before taking my turn behind the wheel, but he and I went for a long drive through some beautiful country roads after the last BASH and it a blast!

mototron

Donation Time
Next time i have the alpine of the lift, i will take some pics of the rack .

Any one have a 83 to 92 ranger rear they want to part with ?
3:45 gears preferred