• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clayton Dewandre -Another messy one...

65beam

Donation Time
The dirty booster appears to be different from my CW boosters and the clean one in your photo. What car was it used on?

Limey

Donation Time
I don't know which car because it is NOS, not from a donor but it is identical in all details except in the length and bore of the cylinder (a little shorter but wider than my other CW servo.

Limey

Donation Time
They were used on all the early series Landrovers and some other British cars. I can't speak for British tractors
The Bendix stamp may mean its was made earlier than the usual HA servos
It is so close to my Harrington servo that it makes no difference.

Limey

Donation Time
Oliver,

perfect , thanks for link. Will try them. Hope they can provide the rubber seals - the diaphragm certainly not. Alu brightener treatment to follow later...
Hi Bernd
Today I started cleaning the 'Bendix' CDW and I thought I'd post some pics of how well the right aluminium cleaner works. I hope it helps illustrate its effectivity. It took just a couple of minutes A rotating electric toothbrush is the secret ;) Also degrease the part thoroughly as it allows a more equal cleaning rate and consistent finish

It does mess with galvanised items and pot metal parts such as the choke actuating cams on the Zeniths so avoid contact if possible

Attachments

• IMG_2061.JPG
    IMG_2061.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2064.JPG
    IMG_2064.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2067.JPG
    IMG_2067.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2068.JPG
    IMG_2068.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2069.JPG
    IMG_2069.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Oliver,
result looks absolutely impressive , thanks for posting. Have instantly ordered 2 bottles from UK :rolleyes:.
Several servos wait their clean up here.
Looking at your suction chamber screws you may also need a few new ones. If you find a proper source , pls. let me know...

Limey

Donation Time
Hi Bernd
Finished! This total clean up took 1 hr. 59 years of dirt...No polishing agents were used, just the alubrightener
Those are standard filister head screws I Use Namrick in the UK. They stock EVERY imperial fixing you'll ever need. I also use Imerial nuts and bolts.com

s://shop.imperialnutsandbolts.com

https://www.namrick.co.uk/

Attachments

• 14669-67084504515ca263302f779387798d95.jpg
    14669-67084504515ca263302f779387798d95.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2033.JPG
    IMG_2033.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2070.JPG
    IMG_2070.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2071.JPG
    IMG_2071.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2073.JPG
    IMG_2073.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2072.JPG
    IMG_2072.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2074.JPG
    IMG_2074.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 31

Limey

Donation Time
I'm just happy to give something back:) Works a treat on carbs and inlet manifolds etc Just keep it off anything non aluminium as it blackens them and takes hard work to get back to normal

You have much more knowledge than me on Zeniths.Do you know where to get jets etc for our Zeniths?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Oliver,

Thanks for the info on the aluminium cleaner, great to find a product that brings back the clean. "as cast" finish to the parts.

Ive been a heathen in the paa2t and used some carb cleaner and a toothbrush on my non polished parts

Last edited:

Limey

Donation Time
Oliver,

Thanks for the info on the aluminium cleaner, great to find a product that brings back the clean. "as cast" finish to the parts.

Ive been a heathen in the paa2t and used some carb cleaner and a toothbrush on my non polished parts

Hi Michael - We have all done that and it shifts the petrol resin. Hylomar remover works well also.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
The ones which you linked to, i.e. 4-40 x 1/2 UNC. Hope it's correct...

That Avatar S1 I bought in 1987 as a complete wreck. Restored it over 7 years . Everything done by myself exept lead loading/ paintwork. Originally a german delivery Moonstone coloured car, but wanted "something special". Thistle grey I found too dark so went by painter's colour charts. Ultimate selection was British Leyland " Cumulus Grey". Found it proper to give a cool contrast with the wheels and the glossy black Hardtop. In the beginning a lot of nasty comments from my club mates, but nowadays they are quiet ;):rolleyes:

Here it is as a complete view:

IMG_20190821_211232.jpg

alpine_64

Donation Time
The rear 3/4 and a front 3/4 of your car used to be in my favourites links from the old alpine site many iterations ago