• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

cockpit floor

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
So I am just about done repairing the tin worm holes in the floor board, not too bad.
What seems to be the best way to coat? I was thinking paint then a heavy substance to keep out water

Anyone have good results in a particular product?

Thanks
Bruce

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Gordon’s got it right IMHO, though I’m not sure the black enamel is entirely needed.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
I just used red oxide primer on all the panels I replaced ( Rust-Oleum rusty metal primer) and then just shot a finish coat in my case satin black urathane.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
My Alpine was purchased new in Reykjavík, Iceland. When I purchased it from the original owners the floors inside the car were covered with a thick tar paper with a tar-like coating and underneath the car it was coated with a similar tar-like substance (but no paper), and I believe that to be something that was from new... was it dealer done? was it factory done? Who knows! Either way, it totally prevented any rusting of the tub.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
IF you still have a few tiny holes the POR 15 may bleed thru because of its very thin. I did POR15 and fiber glass in many layers for an excellent finish.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
was it dealer done? was it factory done?
It had to come from the factory as every Alpine I've ever had has this on the floors. I wouldn't think that a
dealer would take the interior out just to put a sound deadener on the floor.