• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
One could do that, possibly trying to mate to it's original owner, since they seldom come up for sale.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I see some nice upholstery!

And the SUN2K will make for good conversation too:)

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks DanR, not sure if people can see how close to the top I was able to make the roll bar. In the end I did not lose any passenger compartment space which makes me very happy.
Yes the SUN2K is coming to life!

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I am undecided on the best color for Sunbeam cars. Is there a way to start a thread/poll where people can vote their choice?

dwolff706

Donation Time
Amazing work and totally agree on the roll bar, very close to the roof line!
Great idea on polling for color preference....
D

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Is there a way to start a thread/poll where people can vote their choice?
It is very easy. Start a new thread. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and you will see "Post a Poll". It should be pretty straightforward from there.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Got the trunk lid shocks sorted out and all welding done on it so I started the finish work on it. A little bit of body filler and LOTS of dust! Still thinking about exterior color.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
The trunk lid is just about done so I can do the finish sanding and primer it. Really hard to find a non metallic paint color that doesn't look like cement.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Funny thing happened today, rough sanding is finally done so it was going to be shot with an coat of primer before I continue. Apparently what was bought is primer and paint, LOL
Doesn't matter as most of it will be sanded off and never be seen, boy did it look strange as I was laying it down.
I may end up getting out the spray gun and shoot the damn thing with high build primer.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I was able to get the "primer&paint" removed, did some minor filling in on some low spots and shot it with a coat of primer. I will start out with 120 grit to find any imperfections and address them. Then continue with 200,300,400 and see how that looks. The rear clip I recently got came with a bumper (not straight) so I cut it in half and mounted on the car to see how a split bumper looks.
What do you guys think about a split bumer?

Attachments

• rear bonett.jpg
    rear bonett.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 47
  • split bumper.jpg
    split bumper.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 50

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
That is hard to decide since I can not recess the body panel (Fuel Crossover). I am not sure if a one piece bumper may look too long?
What would you do?

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I agree, 70 MGB, one year only split rear bumper:

1970-mgb-sportster-split-chrome-bumpers-great-shape-must-see-condition-in-an-out-1.jpg

Another cool color. Blue/green Aquamarine metallic. 94 Mitsubishi Eclipse.