• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WTB nice MkIV-V Mid west /south immediate cash buyer

philt

Donation Time
Hello all from Nashville TN. A few years ago I bought an excellent MkIV from a club member and enjoyed it for a couple of years but got the urge and traded for a Tiger. Markets being what they are, after four years of offers I finally let the Tiger go to a new and enthusiastic steward,
That brings to now, there is no little british car in my garage. A couple of classic Thunderbird's a Jaguar and some drivers but no LBC roadster.
Looking for a very nice older restoration driver for occasional local events. Mostly stock although the usual practical improvements are fine. I am a driver and hobbiest and not a points car competitor. Probably finished my last restoration so willing to pay for car with few issues.
My last had Weber carb, 5 speed conversion and both tops and very nice Carnival red but any dark nearly Roots color would be fine.

The acquisition cost of these cars ( inspection, transporting)// is a significant part of the price. If the car is within 500 miles of Nashville it makes it easier to drive home since my carrier is on loan to somebody in the club. Feel free to respond to email or text below
Phil in Nashville
pwtrusty@yahoo.com
615/796-5161

philt

Donation Time
Thanks Dan, I had seen this one earlier. Being in LA makes it a bit more trouble to acquire. So I will cast my net about the midwest and south for now.
BTW can you tell me about the 2.8 ford conversion?

philt

Donation Time
Dan, I can be reached at pwtrusty@yahoo.com
Very interested in any comparable values. Modified cars are typically few and it is a problem determining if a altered car is valued to a similar but unmodified car.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike Swope in Ohio has a REALLY nice S5 Alpine for sale. Will send you details when I track down his contact info.....
Eric

65beam

Donation Time
Mike's Alpine is a real nice car at a great price. It under went a lot of updating at Tiger Auto after he bought it and is ready for lots of driving. It doesn't need anything. PM me for his phone number.

philt

Donation Time
Did not realize the Alpine community was this close. Mike and I spoke a few days ago. Columbus is about 500 miles from me. But some friends and I are in Louisville Sept 19 for Mecum auction. When we get closer I will contact him again ...
Phil

alpine_64

Donation Time
Phil,

Honestly i thin location should be the least of your concern. The cost of transporting the right car will be nothing comapred to sorting issues or adjusting it to a spec you want.

Given you sold a tiger and thats funding it i would say just find the best car closest to the specification you want....

This is coming from someone who has bought cars on the other side of the world and shipped them and also driven 1600mile return trips to pick up sunbeams. The cost of transport is nothing in the long run.

65beam

Donation Time
The thing about Mike's car is that it needs no sorting out. It's all been done by one of the best in the business and would be a pleasure to drive cross country or anywhere you need to drive it.

philt

Donation Time
Hello to Bob and Eric,
Earlier today exchanged notes with Mike. as you would expect the nice ones sell quickly. He has an offer, so we move on...
Promise to see you at the next United.
Phil in Nashville

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the update Phil
Will let you know if I hear of any other nice cars for sale!
Look forward to seeing you again.
Eric

philt

Donation Time
Hello all, just made a deposit on what should prove to be a nice 67. Will close and pickup next week on the way back from the beach. A fair compromise with the wife. She gets a few days on the beach and I get another car.
Will be looking for a hardtop and either a 5 speed or overdrive conversion. My last MkV had a 5 speed but I did not install the mod.
Phil in Tn