• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

HUGE Project Series II on eBay

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
It was offered for sale since monthes . Price expectation around 5k. Appearantly getting more reasonable now. What I find interesting however is that it's original french french registered car. Still a lot of work though but certainly worthwhile to rescue it...

RootesRooter

Donation Time
So what's the story on the steel bars? Are they to keep the body from folding in half when it hits a bump? I don't see any other signs of past competition.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
The frame is gone so would regard it an attempt to keep the body from collapsing. We have seen worse condition Alpines, don't we ?

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
This car was bought in New Hampshire about 3 or 4 years ago. The guy was asking 2200. obo. The car looks exactly the same as it did in the craigslist ad. I didn't know it had an overdrive or I may have gone for it. Too many projects now to think of this one.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Looks like a good price for a parts car, given the hard top and OD. And, is that a Harrington dash?

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Not a Harrington dash. Look at the strange cut outs for the toggle switches!

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'd agree, looks like a home made wood dash. Not a bad job either, but from the way the switches are
mounted and the way the gauges are recessed they didn't route the backside of it.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
You guys are definitely correct. I didn't look close enough. It almost looks like they built a wood dash to install over the stock one.