• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 3 Color Code 67

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
I have acquired a series 3 with the color code 67 light green. I do not remember seeing another this color so my question is this a rare color?

Thanks
Steve

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
I am the owner of a light green metallic 63 GT. Can't get used to the color, what was left of it, so it is getting a different one.
And a juiced up 64 Volvo 1800 engine, W/OD ,the replacement 1725 was destroyed, A/C , new wire harness.
No body/tunnel changes to install engine/trans, just modified mounts. Keeping the wire wheels.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
There are some photos in the gallery of a S3 in #67 Light Green Metallic. I think it looks sharp. Probably not so much if it's weathered and faded.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
I tried a few [laces to get a paint match but was not successful. The only place left w/ a good color was the hood latch cap.
Scanning was not successful due to one reason or another so I decided to change color to red. Will see how it comes out as painting will occur next week.
The Series III seems to have only about 7 or 8 factory colors.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I tried a few [laces to get a paint match but was not successful. The only place left w/ a good color was the hood latch cap.
Scanning was not successful due to one reason or another
I have a few color chips left of #67, if you are interested (color matched from original painted parts that Ian & I collected 20 years ago now).
I have NEVER seen a completely restored Series 3 in that color.....Never! I'll tell you this about those wonderful S3 colors, there was an Autumn Gold (#68), S3 at the first Invasion, and when he pulled in....all conversations stopped, and everyone rubber-neck in the direction of that S3. It was pretty neat to see that rare color for a change.
Jan

seriesIIIgt

Platinum Level Sponsor
Doug
I ended up painting my car a different green send me your e-mail address and I will send you some pictures l can never figure out how to post pictures on this web site
Geoff

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
The rare colour will always cause the necks to turn and turn again:)

Seems the colour Red is "most comon" in Alpine circles.

Mark B

Donation Time
Just saw this. Have a SV I painted the code 67 with a paint chip from Jan 20 years ago. I certainly get a lot of compliments on the color though it does appear to be polarizing. Those who don't like it simply don't like it.

MB

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_27ca.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_27ca.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 52

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
The car that spiked my interest in alpines was a light green one like that. This was in the late 1970s, and I was a kid. I dont know what series it was or who owned it. I made some inquiries in recent years with friends and family that still live there, but I am the only one with any memory of it. I wonder if when I have mine ready to drive if taking it to my hometown will draw the car out. I cant imagine the original owner is still around, but maybe the car passed to a child.

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I have a 1973 car that is another shade of green. I agree about the polarizing. I bought the car over 30 years ago. Back then, people would come up to me just to tell me how ugly they thought the color was. Fortunately, I stood strong and appreciated that most cars like mine were black or red and I liked that it was different. Well, now it is one of the favorite hip colors from the 70s (though some are still out there willing to tell me how much they hate "anti-freeze" green). To me, 67 looks very Hot Wheels. I'd love to have it.

alpine_64

Donation Time
The orchid green colour was applied to the last ever Tiger, Graham Vickeries mkii ... Ive seen a couple of orchid cars in photos that looked "ok" ... There was a veey original SV once advertised on the forum with period staggered magnesium Silverstone wheels.. That looked decent.. But photos were in the shade...

The colour is definitely a opinion splitter ... But some people liked it new... Some still like it now

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
I sold a #68 Harvest Gold series 3 GT a couple years ago to a guy in NJ who is doing nothing with it. I may try to buy it back if this Virus S#it ever blows by.