• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

trunk floor piece needed

venice532

Donation Time
Hi, does anyone have a later model trunk floor they could part with?

The passenger side (about a third of the floor) needs to be replaced. The rust doesn't go up the sides.IMG_1399.jpg

I'm in 90291. Thanks

Bob

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have a piece of sheet metal I had formed to "copy" the Alpine trunk floor. It measures 37 1/2" x 24" see the PIC's I included.

One PIC has one of the original floors that I cut out of "theGreen1" laying on the "new" piece I had formed so I could make a replacement floor. The original was rusted very badly and I did not want to attempt to patch.

The other picture shows more clearly to "new" piece formed to match the original.

Attachments

• Alpine trunk sheet metal    20190516_190020.jpg
    Alpine trunk sheet metal 20190516_190020.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 32
  • Alpine trunk sheet metal    20190516_185928.jpg
    Alpine trunk sheet metal 20190516_185928.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 33

venice532

Donation Time
Hi Dan, first of all, kudos on your metal bending skills.

It sounds like you were in the same boat I am now.

Did you manage to match it perfectly to what was left of the trunk?

Bob

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
As you can see the original is overlaid on the new piece. A good match, but not perfect.

I made it so there is enough metal to replace the floor, just had to fab the tire well. ANd the tire well I made will accomadate a wider wheel such as my 195 55 15's on Blue Boy! They are 7" wide and wouldnot fit in the "well" for the 5" stockers....

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bob,

PM "junkman" on the forum. He has several Alpine parts cars and may have what you need.

Cheers!
Steve