• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Save the date! Sunbeam Invasion/SOS Columbia, SC April 5+6, 2019

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Anyone have any of the club banners they can bring with them please?? We also need a few pop up tents for the show on Saturday. Eric

Tom Jeffers

Silver Level Sponsor
It's looking like we may be driving a Sunbeam to this event for once. The snow has melted in Southwest WI and the main roads are mostly clean. I just finished replacing the water pump and upper control arm bushings. Maybe I should take the car out of the garage and actually drive it on some roads for an hour or two before we attempt this trip.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Tom, our forecast for tonight is rain, then about a half inch of snow. Low of 25. Then no more rain for the rest of the week. Geez I hope they don't roll out the salt trucks tonight. If they do, we will be driving the Subaru.

Bill

Tom Jeffers

Silver Level Sponsor
Bill, I hope they don't roll out the salt trucks as Indianapolis and then Louisville were on our planned route. Let me know if they do and I will change our route. We have attended this event twice with the Focus and I really want to drive the Sunbeam.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
We did not get any snow. Nor, it seems, any salt. At least not in the crystal form. I would not be surprised if bridges got the liquid salt treatment.

Bill

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
No snow here. May be some rain but the weather changes so fast you can't believe the Weather Channel as we have seen in previous Invasions!
Dinner Friday will be at Hudson's BBQ located at 4952 Sunset Blvd, Lexington, SC around 6 PM
http://hudsonssmokehouse.com/

65beam

Donation Time
This morning Jean and I were discussing traveling in the snow to get to and from the show last year. There was 14 inches of snow on the ground as we were heading home in the area where I 81 & I 77 intersect. The blue car was grey when we made it back to Ohio. The temp is 41 now with bright sun shine. Rain and thunder storms yesterday evening.

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here is what I pulled up a bit earlier today.

I do not pay much attention the weather reporters around Sunny South Carolina.

Here is best I can tell

FRI 1am - 3am 10 -30% Light rain
4 am - 6am 80 -90 % rain
7 am - 3 pm 10%
4pm - 9pm 80 - 20 %

SAT 2am - 6am 0 - 10%
7am - 7pm 10%
Cloudy to Partly Sunny

Remember I am no weather man just transferring what was reported locally.
Around me about 70 miles Northwest of Columbia it is reported to be mostly sunny.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for that George.... AS I said the weather forcast are different all depending on the different forcasters.

I gleamed this from the Detail Report you provided:

Tonight
A chance of showers, mainly after 3am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 55. Southeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Friday
Showers. High near 70. Southeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
Friday Night
A chance of showers, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Saturday
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 79. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Saturday Night
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Sunday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 82. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Sunday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

I will be there Lord willing,

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
BBQ time update
We have reservations at 7:30 this Friday night at Hudsons. See y'all there!

BERNARD ROSE

Donation Time
We have arrived. Three day drive from Québec and the Sunbeam performed admirably...sitting on the trailer behind the tow car!