• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Barn Find! 1953 Alpine Sunbeam

What is this car truly worth?

• 5,000-10,000

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • 10,000-15,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15,000-20,000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Barry 1953

Donation Time
Rare 1953 Alpine Sunbeam barn find! Pictures speak for themselves. Bought last in 1973 and been stored since. Entertaining offers at this point with no set sale price.

Attachments

• sun6.jpg
    sun6.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 129
  • sun2.jpg
    sun2.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 125
  • sun10.jpg
    sun10.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 129
  • sun1.jpg
    sun1.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 126
  • sun9.jpg
    sun9.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 126
  • sun5.jpg
    sun5.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 127
  • sun8.jpg
    sun8.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 121
  • sun17.jpg
    sun17.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 124
  • sun3.jpg
    sun3.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 123
  • sun4.jpg
    sun4.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 128

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
What engine and Tranny?

From what PIC's you poste there seems to be little if any rust! If so, Man that is a solid Alpine! Grille looks intact and exterior trim seems to be all there too.

Must agree with Hillman on the options left off! Suggest you edit to include tem.

Barry 1953

Donation Time
The owner had passed, but the son said the motor was replaced before it went into storage in 1973. It's a flathead v8 with two carberators. It's an overdrive trans of some sort. I could only find one spot of rust under the passenger door. I think the car is complete. The bolt on window frames with glass are in the trunk. I'm not sure what you guys are referring to on options. Had a kid help me post it

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
  1. Less than $5
  2. $5 to 10
  3. $10 to 15
  4. $15 to 20
  5. Greater than $20
  6. Comments are appreciated......

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Nice body. Instruments look to be in good condition, too. Too bad the drivetrain is not original. I would look up the Sunbeam Talbot Alpine Register (STAR) and find contact info for Peter Woodhill (sp?), who I believe lives in Ridgefield, WA. Other "proper" Alpine owners in Washington state with lots of knowledge would be Steve Tate in Yakima and Dennis Junk in Roy.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
To get the most $$$ from it, try posting on the H.A.M.B. Roadster, flathead V8, overdrive sends those guys into orbit. They might be a bit touchy about it being non American, but you never know until you try. A Ford V8 with O.D. does strange things to those guys. You might be able to sell the running gear there for a large fortune, come back here and get a small fortune for the residue.

Bill

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
Who needs the original drive train? Welcome to the Dark Side! I have always had the itch to put a 302 in one of these, but have never been able to find the right candidate - I wouldn't modify a running/driving car - they are too rare. This one is half way there. Sign me up for the residue!

Last edited:

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
Id buy it if my wife would let me!!! LOL
Its the Alp she wants!
But I need a new roof on the house! :(

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I must've missed it where it said it's in the state of Washington. So am I. Where in Washington is this? I'd be glad to go by and take a look at it.