• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Alpine Seats

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I am in need of a decent pair of seats for my alpine.

I am okay reupholstering them. What I need a good structure to start with.

If you know of a good pair of seats from another British Car I might consider those also.

Thanks
61Alpine

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I have several sets, but shipping is always challenging with something as large as seats. Where are you located?

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Utah. I have a Series I.

My drivers seat is solid.
The passenger seat, I can’t get it to stay upright. when you lean back it lays down. Torn or apart a couple times and it just won’t stay up.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Rob,

Assume you have later series 3-V seats, the SI/II seats dont have the adjustable rear squab, the rear was fixed and only rake adjustment was by angling the base

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Pretty sure they were Series I. They were in the car when I originally bought it in 1973.
There is a lever on the side that you push down to lock the ratchet in place. But then I’m getting older and memory may not be correct.

65beam

Donation Time
If they have a ratchet unit on them they have to be series 3 or later. As Michael said, series 1 & 2 had no seat back adjustment.

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I hae a set of Series II seats. The're in good shape, white with green piping. Are you still in need for them?

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I found a nice set of seats from a 76 Triumph TR7. Fit real nice and good mechanism. Just having them upholstered right now.
Thanks