• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Back on line

Charles Johns

Donation Time
After a 40 day rest, sorting out my brain, asking around about stuff, and in general trying to figure out if I angered someone with my post...which I obviously did, I am back. I will do my best to avoid any further braggadocio! PROCRAFT, it was never my intent to brag, but simply let this sporty-car page know my past building experience was extensive with Street Rods, but not sports cars. In that area I need help, and I am not too conceited to ask. My apologies for any misunderstanding I caused.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Dan, still stripping paint. Plan to take it to bare metal then build a tilt so I can turn it on its side to work on the bottom. Tank is in (16 gal) and most of the firewall stuff has been removed. I'll run the fuel line while it is on its side and determine where the exhaust will run. Naturally I will need to jack it up and remove the front and rear ends before tilting it, but I have tall stands for that. Just a note about the President Bush funeral. I served on 3 carriers so I noticed right a way. When at sea the ship is HOME, especially when overseas, and one of the last things a pilot does before landing on a carrier is drop the tail hook. All the fly-over planes had their tail hooks down...to indicate Bush was going home.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Which carriers? I served onboard USS John F Kennedy (CV-67), USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) Plank Owner, and USS America (CV-66). I went aboard Kennedy when it was still CVA-67 and later redesignsted CV-67 after the introduction of the F-14 and S-3A aircraft.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Which carriers? I served onboard USS John F Kennedy (CV-67), USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) Plank Owner, and USS America (CV-66). I went aboard Kennedy when it was still CVA-67 and later redesignsted CV-67 after the introduction of the F-14 and S-3A aircraft.
Mike, the USS Forrestal CVA-59 when I was on. The USS Independence CVA-62 for a Med Cruise where I turned 20 in Beirut Lebanon. And the last of the straight-decks the Lake Champlain CV-39, for CarQuals for new pilots. Pilots must Qualify on a real Carrier at sea before being sent on real missions. THANKS for your service. Mine was 6 years from 1961 at age 17...Dad signed for me, until 1967. Only 2 years and 3 months active duty but all sea duty.