• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Motorcycle Headlight Bezel

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor

Nice.

Motorcycle headlight trim rings do work. I wanted round Tiger Mark II or Sebring looking rims. Turns out Harley Davidson (don’t remember the model) makes/made a usable alternative. Together with a set of Lucas Euro Headlights I was a able to dress up some front end mess.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jPL7uSgsFX9wKHs8A

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Mike, do you have any closeup of the attachment. The peaked one I show uses a clamp bolt on the bottom.

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
I think Mike and I think outside the box and are looking for inexpensive alternatives.

From what I remember Jim there were two bolts, top and bottom. I believe I ended up using the stock chrome ring that that holds the headlight and then used four attachment point to not only attach it to the headlight well but protrude it out about 1” so that the HD nacelle slid over and past it leaving about a 1/2” it protruding. Then I attached the HD nacelle with two screws. This made for a more protruding and rounded appearance that I like (reminded me of some 50’s Ferrari front ends that I like).

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
From what I remember Jim there were two bolts, top and bottom. I believe I ended up using the stock chrome ring that that holds the headlight and then used four attachment point to not only attach it to the headlight well but protrude it out about 1” so that the HD nacelle slid over and past it leaving about a 1/2” it protruding. Then I attached the HD nacelle with two screws. This made for a more protruding and rounded appearance that I like (reminded me of some 50’s Ferrari front ends that I like).

Wish I had taken pictures and written down part numbers but at the time I was on a mission to either complete the project or sell it. Must have spent a solid month, sometimes 10 hours a day but it was worth it in the end.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Might be good for race guys. As many racers run without bumpers, the rings are the first line of "defense", as it were...