• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Light Switch

chimpodunker

Donation Time
Ive read in posts that some members have combined the dash lights with the headlight switch. My question, is there a trick to doing this? Do I need to splice any wires? It looks like there is one empty pin on the back of the headlight switch.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
I haven't looked at the back of a switch for awhile, (and I'm one of the ones who said it was possible.) If there's no spare terminal, you can use something like this: http://www.partsklassik.com/p-1010-...MIjOmfofW43QIVj7bACh0ZQgoiEAQYBSABEgJGTvD_BwE

These may be available at a local parts store, in addition to online. The +12V supply on the switch should be disconnected and insulated, unless you're going to power something with pretty low current draw with the switch. If you're switching a fan, you can use the +12V to power a relay, but not the fan itself.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
There is a spade on the back of the switch that connects to the dash light switch, giving it power.
If you were to take the wire that runs to the dash lights off the panel light switch and connect that
to the spade that gives the panels light switch power, you would bypass the panel light switch. It's
a pretty simple process. You might have to make the wire that runs the lights a little longer, but that's
about it.

Hope that helped!
Steve