• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series I Original Al Hardtop

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
I am restoring my series I sunbeam. I have an original hardtop but I don't know how the attach pin located just behind the door is connected to the top. I have attached pictures showing this area.

The hard top has a nut plate , see picture, located at the mid attach point that aligns with the chrome bracket, see picture, located at the back edge of the door. There is a chrome pin, I don't have one, that aligns with the hole in the chrome bracket. How does the pin fasten to the nut plate in the top?

I think I may be missing a part.

John in Colorado

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
Hardtop Pictures

I forgot to upload the pictures. Here they are!

John in Colorado

Attachments

• Rear Door Opening Showing Pin Attach Hole.JPG
    Rear Door Opening Showing Pin Attach Hole.JPG
    250.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Hardtoop Body Attach Location.JPG
    Hardtoop Body Attach Location.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Hardtop Body attach Nut Plate.JPG
    Hardtop Body attach Nut Plate.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 31

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
John your top is missing an angle bracket through which a fine treaded bolt screws into the hole on the chrome B post cap.
Will take a photo of my top tomorrow and post it. Eric

johnd

Donation Time
There should be a chrome bolt that fits through the hole shown in the chrome piece in the first photo and then through the hole in the mating piece on the hardtop itself which is then fastened with a chrome nut. I would not be at all surprised if the bolt/nut got lost years ago if the hardtop was not used regularly as it serves no purpose other than to hold the hardtop on. I imagine a replacement bolt/nut would not be hard to find.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Here is what you need, it should have a bolt. My plates on the car were stripped out, so I had to thread them to a larger size and use a different bolt. In the picture, my top is on a rack I made to hold it over my car.
RIMG0529-L.jpg

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
Toyanvil

THANKS!

It looks like this angle bracket should be easy to make BUT it would be nice if I could find one , that is two, for sale.

John in Colorado

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
Toyanvil

THANKS!

It would be nice - Forum - if I could find a pair of these brackets that need a new home!!

John in Colorado