• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Invasion/SOS Columbia, SC March 23-24

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Come join us again in Columbia, SC for our annual SOS. This year the SAOCA will be with us for their Sunbeam Invasion too so there will be plenty of Sunbeams to see and friends to meet. Any and all Rootes cars in any condition are welcome! Saturday we will be attending the Carolina British Classics XII at the historic Columbia Speedway for the British car show and the Tartan Day South Highland Games and Celtic Festival. http://www.bccmc.com/carolina-british-classics-xii/
Registration form for the British car show on Saturday
http://www.bccmc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/CBC-XII-2018-Registration.pdf

There is lots to see and do for the whole family.
We have blocked rooms at this hotel-ask for the Sunbeam group rate when you call
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wingate/l ... n/overview

More information is coming soon!

Last edited:

Alpine.67

Platinum Level Sponsor
is this the same hotel we used in 2013? plan to stop in on way home from FL. looking at Thursday anything going on Friday ?

Brad

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Brad
Yes this is the same hotel. Hope you can join us. Friday will be the all day Sunbeam swap meet and hanging out and talking cars in the parking lot and hospitality suite as well as a BBQ dinner drive. Eric

Alpine.67

Platinum Level Sponsor
Eric I may have some door prize item in stock. 3M boxes are gone. let me know if you want me to bring.
I will be in Thursday and will leave on Monday, so have some time to look around town. I will not have the Alpine. was going to take the race car to FL. but the engine is coming out on Monday for work on the lower end.
Brad

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the door prize offer Brad. Bring them along and they will find happy new owners! See you soon. Eric

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Met with Dan R today and he has offered to do a tech session on V-6 installation! This will be on Friday the 24th at the hotel conference room. Eric

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
To register for the Invasion/SOS you will need to pay and register for the car show on Saturday using this form
http://www.bccmc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/CBC-XII-2018-Registration.pdf
I will keep in touch with the show registration people to keep track on who is coming so please register early-and early registration saves $10!
The rest of the Invasion is free to paid up club members of the SAOCA and TE/AE. Non members cost will be $20 per person. This helps to pay for everything going on at the host hotel on Friday- the hospitality room, admission to the Sunbeam Swap meet, snacks, lunch on Friday, and other items.
If you plan on coming to the Invasion/SOS and won't be entering a car in the show on Saturday please PM me and let me know so we can keep track of everyone that will be coming.
Thank you!
Eric

sd_pace

Donation Time
Lookin' forward to the shake down and breakin in the new motor, ... Its be a while but I will be there

dmich2

Donation Time
Isn't it odd that the registration doesn't break down the different classes as in the past? I, for one, don't think modified, i.e., Dark Siders, should be judged with Purists. Perhaps all the different classes became too confusing. My 2 cents.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
The show organizers for some reason didn't include the car judging classes on the registration form this year.
The classes for Sunbeams are Alpine, Tiger, Rare Rootes , (for Imps, Hillmans, Harringtons, and Venizias), and Special / Modified class for the dark side folks. I keep in touch with the car show registration folks and make sure cars are in the right classes. Just in case-if bringing a dark side car note that you want your car in the Special/Modified class. Thanks, Eric

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
The Invasion/SOS is getting closer! Temps near 80 here this week so hopefully all the pine pollen will be long gone before our show. Register soon for the car show to get the lower rate and reserve your hotel room before the block of rooms go away......
If anyone-or their employer-has items to use for handouts or door prizes please help us out! Thanks, Eric

Last edited:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
We are confused by the dates. The Invasion/SOS is 24 and 25, but the SAOCA activities are on the 23rd. What is scheduled for the 25th? Which dates are included in the room block?

We cannot make Alpine driving plans for that time of year due to the possibility of road salt. So I guess you can put us down as "Definitey maybe".

Bill

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Good catch Bill! I changed the title of this thread to the 23+24th.
I am waiting to hear back from Todd Smith so I can answer your other question and I will share that with everyone. Eric

65beam

Donation Time
Good catch Bill! I changed the title of this thread to the 23+24th.
I am waiting to hear back from Todd Smith so I can answer your other question and I will share that with everyone. Eric
My room is booked at the discounted rate starting Thursday.