• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Exhaust Header - 1725cc Any Advice?

65beam

Donation Time
Dan,
The dual reservoir is some type of dual brake master and the single is the clutch. I would assume it's custom made. I've never seen this type of setup. I have no photos from underneath. We were at Bill's for a couple hours and I spent too much time checking out his Harrington Alpine . We needed to head back east so Dan and I loaded the car we were picking up and headed home. I took some photos of a couple other of his cars.100_0613.JPG 100_0607.JPG

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Looks like a dual M/C with balance bar to fine tune the brake balance. All in all, that engine compartment is about as busy as mine.
Where's the A/C?:(
Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
[QUOTE="Bill Blue, .....
Bill[/QUOTE]

You gotta be kiddin me? A/C in that tight space! I know you have A/C and I have a/c in my '67 Commodore Blue V6, But, how in the world could there be any way for an A/C?
I had A/C on my 1725 engine mounted on the right hand side so maybe there is room there?
Maybe a PIC from the "other" side might give a clue:)

65beam

Donation Time
Dan,
This is the only photo I have that shows the right side. I'm trying to figure out how the two previous photos loaded more than once100_0610.JPG

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
[QUOTE="Bill Blue, .....
Bill

You gotta be kiddin me? A/C in that tight space! I know you have A/C and I have a/c in my '67 Commodore Blue V6, But, how in the world could there be any way for an A/C?
I had A/C on my 1725 engine mounted on the right hand side so maybe there is room there?
Maybe a PIC from the "other" side might give a clue:)[/QUOTE]
Sure I'm kidding!
Bill

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Is the bear checking out how the muffler attaches behind the rear wheel? Or praying at the site of so many beautiful cars?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Allan,

Why did you have to clearence the front tube? What was mounted above it that caused issue?

index.php

65beam

Donation Time
Is the bear checking out how the muffler attaches behind the rear wheel? Or praying at the site of so many beautiful cars?
I seem to remember that the bear belonged to one of his dogs. The size of the toy probably tells you the size of the dog.

Mike Broome

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi Michael, yes I still have my Alpine but after 25 hears of ownership it is now up for sale. I now run a historic formula 3 single seater for hillclimbs so time for someone else to enjoy the car. The LSD has been fine and I believe still available from Gripper Diffs.