• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

looking for 1592 core motor or block in good condition

mightyohm

Donation Time
My mechanic tells me that I should start looking for a new block as it will be more economical than trying to save my existing one.

Before I give up on the 1592 entirely and start from scratch down the 1725 path, I should ask - does anyone have a 1592 core motor or a 1592 engine block in very good (rebuildable) condition? Willing to drive a ways to pick it up or pay to have it shipped. I'm in Redmond, WA.

This is your chance to help get a series II on the road that has been sidelined for the better part of 25 years due to various engine problems. I've got lots of 1592 parts on the shelf but I need a good solid block to install them into.

Last edited:

mototron

Donation Time
I have one from my series II , I am sure it needs to be bored
I am in Southampton NY
$100 and its yours

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
I have four sitting here in New Hampshire. The price is right ( free), the distance is not. Robert

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
!600 block on ebay

I have one I just posted on ebay......I am in Florida but am attending the TEAE United in Staunton, Va and can bring it there for pick up if it is sold

mightyohm

Donation Time
Thanks for all of the replies. I wasn't able to find a 1592 block within a few hours drive, so I've decided to change gears and pursue building a 1725 instead. I hope to build the 1592 as a backup motor down the road a bit as I have a freshly ground crank, rods, etc on the shelf.