• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

West Coast Invasion: LOOK!

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
SLO here i come

Hi all, just found out about this today while talking to Jose! I will be there. Looking forward to seeing how everyone is doing with their cars. Mine needs to stretch its legs. Kevin

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Good Morning all.
For you that haven't been able to make your room reservation, phone service at the Creekside Inn has been restored.
805-927-4021.
9 of the 12 rooms that we reserved have been taken. I was informed that he has more than the 12 available at this time. I encourage you to make your reservations if you have any desire or plans to attend. There is a 30 day cancellation policy in place, so if your plans change you can cancel before the 30 days.
Hope to see you there.

bing

Donation Time
I stopped by the Creekside Inn yesterday. They had a management change and were closed for a few days. If needed, I can have more rooms reserved in addition to the initial 12.
Bing

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
One of the recent sights on the beach of Cambria, CA. where the Westcoast Invasion 2017 will be in May. At this time of the year the elephant seals invade the beaches to; well, I guess do what seals do, mate and eat, and mate and eat. Hmmm, if I were only younger might sound like a good idea.

Bing and I are making another trip to Cambria in February to map out a couple of more rides and check out the restaurants and wineries in the area.

Hope to see you all there. If you have any questions, please contact me at jimjordanjr@verizon.net

Attachments

• elephant seals cambria, ca - Copy.JPG
    elephant seals cambria, ca - Copy.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 17

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Called Creekside to add Thursday night but no answer. Left message. Got an email back confirming.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Looking forward to seeing you Nick.

John Amaroso, Toyanvil has volunteered to try to educate us on valve adjustments, and possibly give us more information on alternator modifications on Saturday afternoon after our drive.
Thank you John. Looking forward to that also.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I could probably show the gas spring trunk conversion. Need to borrow some tools and someone's car. Hood system not ready to show yet.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
I'm it Nick, sent you an email. Been wanting to do this conversion.
So I'm putting you on the schedule also.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
This is really shaping up to be a great event! I wish I wasn't on the other side of the country. Even though I won't be going, I do have one suggestion for you: see if someone can update the notice on the upper right side of the webpage. I don't think we need to be pushing the June 2016 Greensburg IN Invasion any longer. Let's make sure everyone knows what is going to be happening on the West Coast in May!

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
An area you may see on one of our drives during the WestCoast Invasion in May. Bing and I will be in Cambria on the 15th Feb. cruising the area for more drives and restaurant reviews. If you're close by, let me know and we'll try to hook up if you like.

Attachments

• lo_SantaRitaRoad-Switchback_jpg.jpg
    lo_SantaRitaRoad-Switchback_jpg.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 26

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
see if someone can update the notice on the upper right side of the webpage. I don't think we need to be pushing the June 2016 Greensburg IN Invasion any longer. Let's make sure everyone knows what is going to be happening on the West Coast in May!

Sorry, should have updated the logo sooner. I didn't realize the organizers got one created. If someone can send me the other event info I can update the Invasion website.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Thank you Todd, It's nice to see our West Coast Logo posted at the top of our Home Page. Looks nice.

As an update, we had originally set aside 12 rooms at the Creekside Inn, 10 of them have been reserved. There are no more one bed rooms available. The Management has stated that there are more rooms available at this time than the 12, so if you are thinking about this event, you may want to make your reservation soon.

At this time, I have one member who reserved a Double Queen bed room who is offering to share the room, and of course share the expense of it. If you're interested, let me know and I'll get you in contact with him.

Our new feather flag banner just showed up, we think it looks great, and will fly at any of our stops.

This event is coming together very nicely, and I for one am looking forward to an exciting weekend.

Attachments

• SAOCA Flag.jpg
    SAOCA Flag.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 16

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Hi folks,
It looks like this is shaping up to be a great event. I've always wanted to do one of these and the dates just might work for us this year. It would be about a three day drive for us from B.C. but we've done lots longer. I'm wondering when we decide where do go to sign up for the event?
Thanks,
Alan

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
It is nice to see the current logo advertising the West Coast Invasion. An update is needed, however. When the logo is clicked it takes us to the 2016 Greensburg, IN information. Someone with the appropriate information should make the change. Regards from snow covered SD, Pete

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Alan, go to Post #28, all the information is there. Also, if you email me your information to jimjordanjr@verizon.net, I can get you a flyer sent over to you. No official sign-up form, just a motel reservation does the trick. Would be great to see you.

Thanks Paul, didn't know that was a clickable link, but I think Todd is going to work on that if I can get him the information. Todd, email me so I can send you what I have.

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Alan, go to Post #28, all the information is there. Also, if you email me your information to jimjordanjr@verizon.net, I can get you a flyer sent over to you. No official sign-up form, just a motel reservation does the trick. Would be great to see you.

Thanks Paul, didn't know that was a clickable link, but I think Todd is going to work on that if I can get him the information. Todd, email me so I can send you what I have.

Thanks Jim. I did print off the info in post no. 28. I was just wondering if there was an official sign up form as well. I'll drop you a line.
Thanks again.

Alan

bing

Donation Time
Hello Lord Roots,
When Jim and I started out on this venture, we thought it best not to get too official, particularly since this is the first go around. We would love to have you. We can guaranty it will be fun.
Bing

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Hello Lord Roots,
When Jim and I started out on this venture, we thought it best not to get too official, particularly since this is the first go around. We would love to have you. We can guaranty it will be fun.
Bing

Hi Bing,
Thanks very much. My wife, Mary Lou, just looked at the printout and said it looks like fun so I think we're a step closer to taking the plunge. We took our Series II Alpine (since deceased) to SUNI back in 2009 and that was a 2600 mile round trip so this should be a shorter run for us. I figure it will take us three days, four if we want to sight-see some more.
As far as keeping it simple, as someone who has organised a few events myself, I totally agree. Life's too short.
Anyhow, we are off on vacation for a few weeks so we will discuss it while we are away. Sounds like a great event you have planned and a good incentive to get the Series V back together after it's paint job and minor fix up. This is a new car to us so it's a bit of a gamble but I can always take the Rapier if need be.
Thanks again,
Alan

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Thanks guys, When you clink on the WC Invasion Icon, it now goes to the event write up. Pretty cool. Give it a try.:D