• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Nissan in Alpine

bashby

Donation Time
Vintage Air heater is installed, door gaskets too. Moved the turbo evacuation pump to a higher location as well. I have received the Rosewood dash from Prestige Auto Wood and Wow does Randy do incredible work! Working on getting the glove box installed onto the dash (do not want to drill and screw into the dash). I will post photos once it is in the car.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Out for a drive the other day, a guy pulls up and says "nice Tiger" to which I replied "actually it is an Alpine" to which he replied well those are more rare! I said well actually they made about 20-times more Alpines' and he said well I do not know that much about Triumphs...

We really need to come with an annual award for the dumbest comment annually. Submit entries and have the members vote. Top vote getter gets dues paid for the year. Or post them on a page in the calendar.

bashby

Donation Time
The Rosewood dash with aluminum glove box (attached to the dash with VHB tape) are installed. Randy Keller of Prestige AutoWood made the dashboard; 8-gauges, 6-switches and 3-LED lights. I will need to make the dash pad look better...

Attachments

• IMG_5379.jpg
    IMG_5379.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

bashby

Donation Time
Better Pictures IMHO
Side-windows are next (and last)...
Thinking about selling her...

Attachments

• MWA_0563r.jpg
    MWA_0563r.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 111
  • MWA_0567r.jpg
    MWA_0567r.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

bashby

Donation Time
New Tires

As much as I liked the Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec's (they really are excellent)I have opted to replace them with Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S in 195/55-15; the sand on the roads here all year long can make things interesting...

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Beautiful....

man that is some beautiful work.... Dash is fantastic looking.

Am I seeing louvers in the hood? I believe that is very tasteful for an Alpine...

How did you get them made? What are the lengths and spacing?

Thanks for posting,

DanR

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Went to the site: They look nice and at a very reasonable price. Various sizes and patterns. Thanks Jim for the link...

DanR

bashby

Donation Time
Dan,
Thank you. The louvers were stamped by the Guys at "The Tin Element" in Loveland Colorado (at the time they were fabricating a Porsche Abarth clone). The louvers reside in the triangular region formed by the firewall, inner fender and cowl brace; there are 4 of them ranging from 3.25" to 5.5" in length.

Attachments

• louvers.jpg
    louvers.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

bashby

Donation Time
Changed out the rear coil over springs from 275#/in to 175#/in. I think it is much better, not as nervous on the road and, easier on my old back.

bashby

Donation Time
It has been a 10-year journey, may her new owner treat her well and thoroughly enjoy her.
Gentlmen and Ladies it has been fun, crazy, expensive and enjoyable.
I wish you and yours well.
LBC's live on!
-Bill