• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mx5 Seats

PETER CLAYTON

Donation Time
I am considering fitting Miata/mx5 seats . I would like if possible to see some pictures of a completed job . I propose using low back seats with removable head rests so that I can retain the tonneau cover. If anyone can provide any information as to mounting mods. with pictures(saving a thousand words) I would be most grateful. Peter.

bashby

Donation Time
Peter, I used the 1990 Miata seats (high back) in my SV and fabricated bolt-captive mounts and welded said mounts to the floor. I can provide a drawing of the mount if you are interested.
-Bill

Attachments

• Damplifier_Pro with MotoLita_side.jpg
    Damplifier_Pro with MotoLita_side.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 110
  • miata seats-roll bar1.jpg
    miata seats-roll bar1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 124

PETER CLAYTON

Donation Time
Bill, my laptop is in danger of blowing up as I drool over the pictures of your Alpine. The seats and trim are beautifully done and the mountings look factory fitment. Thanks for your assistance.

Alpine66

Donation Time
Peter, I used the 1990 Miata seats (high back) in my SV and fabricated bolt-captive mounts and welded said mounts to the floor. I can provide a drawing of the mount if you are interested.
-Bill

Bill what size and thickness tubing is that for that good looking roll bar, and did you buy it in a kit or have to have it fabbed?

bashby

Donation Time
Alpine66-Thank you, it is my design (the Miata Boss Frogg gave me the idea). 1.75" 0.12 wall steel tube. It bolts in. I sketched it up, had it mandrel bent and TIG welded. I then had it powder coated satin black. It weighs ~62 pounds.

Attachments

• Alpine Roll Bar -5.jpg
    Alpine Roll Bar -5.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

bashby

Donation Time
Here is the seat mount design, I used G8 bolts for attachment to the OEM Miata seat rails.

Attachments

• Alpine Seat Mount.jpg
    Alpine Seat Mount.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 59

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I found some Mx5 seats....

Thanks Bill for the drawing on the seat mounts. I found a set of them(seats) and quickly made the purchase ($50) for the pair. Frames in excellent condition. The leather (Light Brown) was or is in good to fair condition. They will get redone during restoration and final painting of the Alpine.

Now! Wow! I like the roll bar. Any specifics would be appreciated. You have my E-mail.....

Many, Many, Many thanks,

DanR

Last edited: