• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Stock Wing Mirrors

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Hi All
Another beautiful start to the day here in SoCal ... El Nino??? .. :D

Been looking to replace the side mirror on my 62' with a set of bullet style mirrors out on the fenders. Mine only came with one on the drivers side and it's of a generic style bullet type next to the side glass. I've been told most if not all were dealer installed and none are factory ones? ... Thought maybe ya'll would get a kick outa this listing as these are what I'd like .... but I think this guy might be delusional about his asking price.:eek: ... most of his stuff is absurdly priced I think...lol
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BERLIN-TALB...159900?hash=item5682d49f1c:g:mNIAAOSwPcVV1fGb

....... David

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Out on the fenders:eek: For those with poor eye sight, They are nothing but dressing!

The same style mirrors are available on Ebay at various times for under a $100 a pair.

When out on the fenders they are always in the way! That is "if" you work on an Alpine.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Out on the fenders:eek: For those with poor eye sight, They are nothing but dressing!

The same style mirrors are available on Ebay at various times for under a $100 a pair.

When out on the fenders they are always in the way! That is "if" you work on an Alpine.

Yep Dan ... Have a set of lucas swan type on our red 67' .... always cursing 'cause there in the way .... but sure like the way they look with the bonnet down.

David

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Here's an option. I agree with the wing-mounted location; it'll be in the way. But...

These are easily removed for the under-the-bonnet work.

http://www.mossmotors.com/graphics/products/PDF/222-372.pdf

Slightly more affordable.

Thanks Fastback,

The ebay link I posted was in humor only as I'm astounded at some of the prices I see on ebay! .... though I like the notched mounting base on those mirrors, they'd fit the 'pines fender ridge nicely. I was floored when a NOS set of Talbot 333 grn.dots I advertised on ebay went for $400.00 awhile back. The moss ones look/measure identical to the one I have, might look into that as I'm looking at a frt. spoiler they have for an mg for one of my Alpines.

... David

alpine_64

Donation Time
David,

The talnot mirrors you have linked to on eBay are not the correct ones for a sunbeam, and you have basically picked the most expensive ones to post. The Talbot Berlin mirrors you want are either the junior or senior ( smaller and larger mirror head)

They are expensive, but usually you can get a nice second hand set for around $300 a pair of you are patient. Alternatively there is a company in California that make accurate reproductions:

http://www.talbotco.com

they are around 375 each, not cheap, but new correct and immediately available.

Also every few months he sells "seconds" ones with slight flaws, perhaps that would suit you if the cost is a bit more than you have budgeted for.