• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Oil cooler hose bracket location

gary1725

Donation Time
Hi Folks,

Lots of questions today! I am routing my oil cooler hoses, I know there are two routes that were used on the SV - for my car I do know that both pipes pass through the passenger side horn opening but what I can not remember is where the two brackets that secure the hoses are actually bolted to! no matter which way I turn and slide the brackets up and down the hoses I can not find a location that seems to make sense.

As always any help is much appreciated!

thanks

Gary

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Gary, not sure if mine is full factory correct but I just installed mine and I will attempt to describe my routing, it really worked well.

Short hose from the forward port at oil filter through the large hole to the right of the radiator, clamped in an existing nutted hole at the bottom just aft of the hole then to the right side of the oil cooler.

Long hose from the aft port forward through the same opening as the short hose and clamped to the same spot as the short hose, clamps from short and long hose are in opposite directions so hoser are parallel and clamps can go to the same hole for fastening.
The long hose then passes under the loop in short hose then up to the top of the inlet cowel and clamped to the center hole just forward of the radiator, cap then over and down to the left side of the oil cooler. I also installed a clamp on this hose with a heavy 2" strap over to the front side of the upper radiator mount bolt, forward of the radiator bulkhead and installed a nut to the mount bolt.

Hope this is clear but if not let me know and I can take a few photos for you.

Good luck
Paul

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
On my series V, the longer hose is attached to the center of the cowl at the apex of its arc. There is an adjustable sleeve that is placed for any rubbing in the horn opening.

For the shorter hose, I made an L bracket and attached the bracket using a horn mounting bolt. Then attached the clamp on the hose to the custom L bracket. I made the bracket to a height where the hose does not rub in the horn opening.

Mike

Attachments

• 20150101-001 oil cooler hose bracket.jpg
    20150101-001 oil cooler hose bracket.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20150101-002 oil cooler hose bracket.jpg
    20150101-002 oil cooler hose bracket.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 39