• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Side window left / stuck in up-position

am99ey

Gold Level Sponsor
I experienced getting harder cranking over the last few weeks on the left side window. Suddenly it is stuck in the top position; no cranking possible anymore.
I have removed the door panel but can not detect the cause. All seems to be in place and nothing is bent. How should I proceed not to damage anything?
I have never had the door internals removed / repaired.
A drawing or picture might help me.
Thanks for a hint, Andy

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
You might have a stripped door gear or some broken teeth on that gear. Unfortunately I'm afraid you may have to find a new winder mechanism. Replacing it (at least for me) was a nightmare but it can be done.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
The weather stripping can be loose and jammed the glass in the channel
I know this can happen and you need to loosen the front channel depending on what series it is

If it is a stepped gear sometimes it can be reversed depending on the damage.

am99ey

Gold Level Sponsor
I have solved the problem.
(This weekend I had time to look closer at the problem)
The cause was a completely dried out crank axle.
I applied carefully universal grease out of a spray can (for bicycle chain, hinges etc..) also on all relevant mechanism. This helped immediately and windows sliding smoothly up and down now.
At the same time I checked and retighten the screws of the window guides.
Thank you for the hints.
Andy