• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

64 Sunbeam model IV Transmission Parts Needed

Donation Time
Hi All;

I need a part for the transmission on my 64 Alpine IV. Looking at the pictures - I'm not working on it - the spline that holds the gears is twisted. This has made the car kick out of 4th gear while driving. Pictures are attached. Let me know if you have it and how much. I think the spline can be bought as a single item but again I don't know transmissions...

Thanks guys and gals!

Last edited:

RootesRacer

Donation Time
It looks like you are looking for an overdrive mainshaft.

Not enough of the parts are shown for me to determine if its a non-sync or an all-sync mainshaft.
If its truly an SIV, it could be either.

In any case, they are hens teeth in the US.

You might try Jeff Howarth, who exports OD transmissions and parts from the UK to the US from time to time.

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have a series 5 box of pieces....may have that shaft...is fully synchro series V te same? It is dark out now...will look tomorrow afternoon ...after work....I also have avil a complete ready to use series V tranny full synchro...located in florida

Donation Time
shaft

I ended up getting one out of England - john Roseby - 350 shipped...perfect fit though. If you need his info anybody, drop me an email