• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ozzie Humbers

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
Took my old Super Snipe for a drive over the weekend to meet up with a friends "matching" Hawk for a sunset picnic on the (currently dry) floodplains up here in Darwin.
We figured that such a meeting deserved decent champagne and suitable attire ;)

Attachments

• Darwin mobx.jpg
    Darwin mobx.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 34

alpine_64

Donation Time
Dave,

Very Variety club "B to B bash" if you remember those events from the late 80's early 90's...

Do you know any other Sunbeam owners in the NT... I have heard there are a few Tigers

JonPiz

Donation Time
re

Took my old Super Snipe for a drive over the weekend to meet up with a friends "matching" Hawk for a sunset picnic on the (currently dry) floodplains up here in Darwin.
We figured that such a meeting deserved decent champagne and suitable attire ;)

Considering its your winter it looks lovely weather. Cars look great as well!!

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hi Michael,
You've mentioned the Tigers before, but I haven't managed to track down any other Sunbeams in the NT, apart from a lovely early "Mark" Alpine.
Someone beat me to the rego plate "Sunbeam" though... I once heard a rumour of another Alpine in Darwin, but the trail dried up.
Perhaps in Alice Springs?

Yes, "winter" (ie Dry Season) is lovely in Darwin. c.18 at night, 32 in the day and no humidity. Gets colder in the "bush" away from the coast; at my place, 30km inland, it gets to 12ish at night .
It'll all end in a month or so though, as temps and humidity rise and we move into the "Build up" before the monsoon....