• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sorry about that guys...

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
I second ( third...fourth...fifth...sixth ) what all the others said.
I was worried that Id been cut off for non payment of dues (guilty) or some other infraction (phew).
Thanks.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Ian! I was pretty close to Forum Withdrawal. I could notice the slight tremor in my hands, but fortunately, no one else could see it yet. You provided my Sunbeam fix just in time!

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks Ian. I have enjoyed being a member of this Forum and community for years now. I've made great friends here and learned so much. Since I moved to Portland and my cars, tools and parts are back in Phoenix this is where I turn to stay connected.

Pheeewwww....All this time I was worried that this was Lord Rootes punishment for me looking fondly at a Jaguar....

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Thanks for all the kind words guys. Glad I was able to get it working again... if not I'm afraid it may have become a lynch mob! :eek:

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Sorry................

Boy, I am relieved that's all it was. I thought for sure our flitzenblazer and the framistan got locked up and somebody had to throw a bucket of water on them to get them apart...............Jeez, I didn't understand a word of what you had to fix to get us back on the air. All of us out here in Sunbeam land are very grateful for what you do for us. Many of us are computer illiterate so thank you for your efforts on our behalf.

gordonra

Donation Time
Thanks for all your hard work Ian....
I do have a suggestion though. I had a shortcut directly to the forum page as do others I know. That url does not work at the moment and some users may still not be getting through.

Could you redirect www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/ to the main page?
If there is a simplier solution that would be great too.

Regards!

Rich

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Ian!

It is great to see you on. I don´t understand a word that you posted, about the problem, but I´m glad you do. Computers are not my strong point, so am glad you know what you are doing.

Thanks so much for what you´ve done for this club throughout all these years. We really appreciate it. I thought I was going to go crazy without the forum. Now I can cut down on my meds and still remain calm.

A huge THANK YOU! again.

Jose

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for all your hard work Ian....
I do have a suggestion though. I had a shortcut directly to the forum page as do others I know. That url does not work at the moment and some users may still not be getting through.

Could you redirect www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/ to the main page?
If there is a simplier solution that would be great too.

Regards!

Rich

Just change your shortcut. The site opens on the forum page now.
Navigation is a bit different now, if you have drilled down into a thread and wish to return to the main forum page, simply click on "The SAOCA Forum" next to the big red "S" at the top of the page. No need to go back, repeatedly to get there.

gordonra

Donation Time
Just change your shortcut. The site opens on the forum page now.
Navigation is a bit different now, if you have drilled down into a thread and wish to return to the main forum page, simply click on "The SAOCA Forum" next to the big red "S" at the top of the page. No need to go back, repeatedly to get there.

I did change my shortcut. My suggestion was for those that may have thought the site was still down.

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Sorry, can't so that. I had to relocate the site to a new domain in order to get it fixed. The old shortcuts won't work because the site really resides at www.sunbeamalpineclub.org now. I redirected www.sunbeamalpine.org to that. Old shortcuts will need to be recreated on the user end. Perhaps a broadcast email can be sent to the membership to let them know the changes.

Last edited:

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Fantastic. Like others, I was suffering withdrawal symptoms.

One thing I notice is that we've lost the ability to do Google searches when the built-in search function won't do (mostly when words of less than four characters are being searched for).

Searching under the new underlying URL, searching "site:sunbeamalpineclub.org oil pan", brings up no results (as would be expected, as the spiders don't know it's there). And searching under site:sunbeamalpine.org oil pan" brings up links to the old site. Sure, we can manually remove the "forum/" from the results and get there.

Should we create a custom 404 error page that mentions that (which would also solve the issue of members not knowing the site moved)? I know it can be done, as I use 1and1 for my own sites.

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Fantastic. Like others, I was suffering withdrawal symptoms.

One thing I notice is that we've lost the ability to do Google searches when the built-in search function won't do (mostly when words of less than four characters are being searched for).

Searching under the new underlying URL, searching "site:sunbeamalpineclub.org oil pan", brings up no results (as would be expected, as the spiders don't know it's there). And searching under site:sunbeamalpine.org oil pan" brings up links to the old site. Sure, we can manually remove the "forum/" from the results and get there.

Should we create a custom 404 error page that mentions that (which would also solve the issue of members not knowing the site moved)? I know it can be done, as I use 1and1 for my own sites.

@Greggers - I was actually thinking about moving it back under the sunbeamalpine.org domain again. I didn't want to disrupt anything at the old location until I knew that everything was fixed and we decided what to do moving forward. My main objective was to get something back up and working as quickly as possible. I'm actually ready to hand this off to someone new and this is the perfect time to do it. The forum is free standing and split from the old subdreamer portal now. Perfect opportunity for someone to take it over and create a new look with newer technology. Sounds like you may be a good person for the job! ;)

JonPiz

Donation Time
re site

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere but is it planned to have the site back how it was with the tech section etc:confused:

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere but is it planned to have the site back how it was with the tech section etc:confused:

Yes the website will be back. As Ian said, the first priority was getting the forum back up and running. We will definitely get the entire website going again with all of the articles and tech stuff, it just may take some time.

If anybody is desperate for some specific technical info that was on the website, please email or PM me and I will see what I can do about getting the info to you.

I appreciate everyone's patience and all of Ian's hard work.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
How do I donate now? I know I'm a few months overdue, but the "Help Support the SAOCA Forum" link does not work.

Never mind. I found it under "Paid Subscriptions" under "User CP"

Last edited: