• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2013 Cars of Rootes Group calendar

lemansvk

Donation Time
The days are getting longer again downunder, which means I have started thinking about next years 'Cars of the Rootes Group' Calendar. I did the first one for 2007, so 2013 will be the 7th iteration.

As in the past the plan is to produce a full colour, page-per-month, spiral bound, A4 size wall calendar, featuring pictures of Rootes cars that people from around the world send me. So this is my 1st call for submission of pictures. I'm looking for pics of any Rootes cars, but I guess I expect to get Sunbeams from here. Alpines and Harringtons would be fine; I’d love to get a Venezia pic. The pics need to be of reasonable resolution to ensure good reproduction (a 4 megapixel digital camera will generally take good enough pics, but the bigger the better). And you need to own the pic - they can be of your own car or someone else’s as long as you took the pic.

In exchange for letting me use the pic you get the opportunity to buy a calendar with your pic in it - and acknowledgement that it is your pic. I can't pay for pics because (as always) I do this as a completely not for profit exercise. The calendars are sold at the absolute minimum cost I can have them printed for.

Those who have bought the calendar in the past can attest to the quality of the product - it's professionally printed on glossy heavy paper/light card. The cost is usually about $12.50 plus postage and you can buy any number from 1 to 100. There are cheaper calendars around, but none so unique as to feature solely Rootes cars.

So, if you have a pic you would like to submit, please send it to me at vichughes165@gmail.com If you don't yet have a pic, but would like to see your car on a calendar, get out there and start snapping!

Cheers and thanks for your time,

Vic

lemansvk

Donation Time
The Calendar is almost there, it will be released ready for purchase this week. I'll post a longer message with more details soon. Thanks for your patience, and for your pictures.

Cheers, Vic

lemansvk

Donation Time
OK so it's now ready. The A4 size, full colour, spiral bound, professionally printed "Cars of The Rootes Group 2013 calendar" can now be purchased.

First, my sincere thanks to Al Mason, Bill Atalla, Jan Iggbom, Matt Lambert, Hans Visser, Robert Jaarsma, Steve Partman, Nigel Honey, Tony Perrett, Wayne Jeffers, Lleyton Passant and Koji Karimata (yep, a Japanese Rootes car). Thanks to these guys we have pictures of Rootes cars from at least 7 different countries, in scenery that ranges from the spectacular to the serene. I invite you to preview low resolution versions of the pics at this link (click on the thumbnails to enlarge):

http://s122.beta.photobucket.com/us...alendar?&_suid=135219724523704134558342082796

Remember, the calendar itself uses much higher resolution versions which print beautifully. The calendar is available from Lulu Publishing in the USA (a link follows). It is printed on demand (that is, when you order) and you can buy any number of copies from 1 to 100. Lulu are currently quoting me US$14 a copy plus shipping, but they often have discounts - try googling "lulu coupons". Last year I was paying $12.50 for a single or $10 each for more than 5 copies. While Lulu is based in America, they outsource printing around the world. Last year the calendars I bought in Australia were printed here. As always, this is a not for profit venture. Here is the link to buy the calendar:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/vic-hughes...p-2013-sunbeam/calendar/product-20446553.html

You will need to create an account, and Lulu take credit cards and paypal for payment.

Please let me know if you have any problems, comments, feedback etc

Enjoy, Vic

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Vic, I don't think you receive the grand thanks you deserve for all the hard work that goes into creating these fantastic calendars, but let me say that I'm certainly grateful and that I look forward to it each year.

THANKS!!

atallamcs

Donation Time
Calendar

Hi Vic,
Thanks for putting the Calendar together again. I saw many great cars and am delighted to amongst such notables, thanks. I have already placed my order.
Regards,
Bill

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi, Vic, Thank you for putting together such a superb, professionally produced Calendar for 2013. I feel very privileged to see my Rapier among such illustrious company. Tony.

steven

Donation Time
Hi Vic, I was delighted with 2012 result so I have posted the info to my fellow QLD Australia Sunbeam club members. May get a few extra orders. Oh, I have also ordered the new one.
Regards
Steve

agmason54

Donation Time
2013 Cars of Rootes Group calendar!

Vic,
Thanks for using my picture. I am truly honored to be included.You made my millennium....
Sincerely yours,
Albert G Mason

lemansvk

Donation Time
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I do this each year as a 'thank you' for all the help and camaraderie I have received over the years from Rootes owners around the world, and it's gratifying to know that it's appreciated. Of course I couldn't do it at all without the great pictures contributed by everyone, so you have all helped make this possible.

Hope you all enjoy your calendars.:)

Cheers, Vic

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
I ordered 3 copies of the Calendar on Tuesday and they arrived today. The quality is extremely high and at a total cost of GBP 41.95 are very good value. Thanks again Vic for all the effort that must have been involved in their production - they do you great credit. Tony.