• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need dash light overdrive

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am searching for the rare opel colored OD dash light for a Series 3. It's a long shot to get one but if you never ask you never stand a chance to get it.
Anyone have one??

Cheers,

65beam

Donation Time
OD light

todd
i know where there is a new one in the lucas box. how much money do you have?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Todd,

The round jewel style lights used on the S3 Alpines were comon to some other Humbers and Hillmans. It would be worth checking ebay UK under rootes and humber listings or touching base with groups over there for one. I will keep an eye out here for one.. I found a NOS one a few years back for a friends S3.. so they do turn up. In the mean yime you can use a faded yellow one for the warning light.. :cool:

as a side note does yout light switch have the transistors on the top of the switch.. the S3's had a feature that if the headlights/panels are on and you engage the OD it dimmed the OD warning light

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Todd - check with Mark (volvoguys); he found one for the Airpine, which is
a crossover Series IV with S3 dash lights.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Het Bob, Shoot me an email and let me know how much you want for the light. (alpine1963@aol.com)

Michael, this Series three did not come with the overdrive. I have added it to it during the restoration so it would not have that feature.

Thanks guys and gals,

Todd

mattinoz

Donation Time
Coincidently I just found one in my box of bits. I've had it for close to 40 years I reckon. What's it worth? Would consider swap for SV equivalent

Thor 1211

Silver Level Sponsor
O/D dash light

I struggled to find one, ended up using an illuminated door bell button from Home depot. Six bucks. A little bigger, but the plastic is the right color.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I struggled to find one, ended up using an illuminated door bell button from Home depot. Six bucks. A little bigger, but the plastic is the right color.

Thats certainly a outside the box solution, given its the OD warning light, you could have also wired it up to ring when its engaged as well! :p

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
OD Lamp

I have two of the lamps shown in the picture, but the lens is red (the one in my OD alpine is pale yellowish)....but here is two red ones if you want one...Mike