• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bumpers, Stainless Steel

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
appearantly they are now also doing the early style overriders. That´s something they lacked before. However still nobody understands why the front and rear blades should be different. At the least the originals were not...

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
If you order directly from the factory you will always get this price w/ the over riders, early or late. I got mine over a year ago w/ the early guards.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I find it interesting (quaint?) that they use the very old Sunbeam logo instead of the Rootes one. I wonder if they also make bumpers for the pre-war Sunbeams and this is just a hold-over from those ads?

$(KGrHqZ,!qEE63Z2hzGeBO7w63w3Hw~~60_12.JPG

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
It pays to check locally. I was able to get my rear bumper replated for $250! Not show quality, but better than the rest of the car.

Bill

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I had mine done by Sioux Plating in Sioux City, IA.

2 bumpers and 4 overriders for $600 with tax and shipping for all. One of the bumpers was in really rough shape - twisted, dinged - not a great candidate for replating, but they did a great job in working with it. You cannot tell it from the other one which was in much better shape to start with.

65beam

Donation Time
bumpers

didn't i hear a few years ago that they are shipped out of vietnam? the sets i have seen are not one piece bumpers. they are three pieces welded together and they do not have the same rolled bottom lip of the originals. they also did not have the right shaped bolt holes which makes them hard to mount and adjust correctly.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
didn't i hear a few years ago that they are shipped out of vietnam? the sets i have seen are not one piece bumpers. they are three pieces welded together and they do not have the same rolled bottom lip of the originals. they also did not have the right shaped bolt holes which makes them hard to mount and adjust correctly.

I found that to be true also and spent some time squaring the holes to fit the bolts and they are 3 piece w/ hammer marks fairly prominent on the back side. The finish however is good. The weight is less than originals since they are thinner.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I purchased a nice set from an outfit in Atlanta, Ga shipping included for $1050.00

DanR

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
If you have chrome work done at some shops they don't plate the item with copper or other alloys just put chrome on and have two or three coats! My attempt to have my bumpers done was about $325 per bumper and $60 per gaurd. Two bumpers $650 plus 4 gaurds @ $60 =$240 . $650 + 240 + shipping to and fro....? so I went with the stailless for $1050.

DanR

socorob

Donation Time
I think they have a few places in Vietnam that sell stainless bumpers. My friend is into Z cars and when looking for stainless bumpers for it found all the places selling them to be from there. I wonder if Harrington makes them or just resells them?