• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Early Tiger vin# 00038

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Finally getting started on the Tiger restoration.
Vin# 00038
Just wondering how many of the 37 earlier cars are known of?
Registered or otherwise?
Also wondering how I go about getting it TAC'd before I work on any of the areas that might put things into question?
I'm really torn between going all original, minor yet reversable upgrades, or all out whatever it takes to make it fast, reliable and safe.
Gonna be a big project but I can't wait to get her done!
Hope to start posting pictures soon.
Jeff

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jeff,

That is an early car! Does it still have the black vynil dash, short sifter with the mushroom knob, T10 box instead of the toploader?

If you contact norm he can tell you how many of the early cars are known to be around (running or otherwise)

Being such an early car, I think keep as much of its rare early features as possible.. but as per your performance questions.. i think you can achieve quite a performance, handling upgrade with easily reversable non intrusive mods:

Dale A has cooling upgrades, front and rear brake upgrades, uprated springs front and rear, bushes and the MG steering upgarde which are all bolt on/off. At the other end he offers a whole new bolt in front ends with coil overs and different correct geometry rack.. that takes out weigth and most tiger handling issues.. and again.. bolt in and out.

Modtiger engineering do suspension upgardes, cooling upgardes and a 5 speed box xonversion (though it requires a little tunnel tapping)

Tere are many options to make the car handle and run better.. and most are just bolt on/off so reversable without changing the body of the car.

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Tac

Jeff, bring her to the TigersEast/AlpinesEast UNITED October 9-11 in French Lick Indiana. See TEAE forum for details: http://teae.org/forum/
I am sure TAC is possible there, non wil be closer to you then that for a while anyway. Robert

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Jeff, bring her to the TigersEast/AlpinesEast UNITED October 9-11 in French Lick Indiana. See TEAE forum for details: http://teae.org/forum/
I am sure TAC is possible there, non wil be closer to you then that for a while anyway. Robert

I was thinking of attending the event anyhow.
Bringing it as well would be a posability especially if I could get it TAC'd!
Will have to play it by ear.
Great idea though.
Thanks
Jeff