• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Warning: This one IS real!

Nickodell

Donation Time
DON'T FALL FOR THIS ONE, OR SIMILAR-APPEARING ONES. IF YOU CLICK ON THE LINK IT WILL LOAD A VIRUS OR TROJAN ONTO YOUR HARD DRIVE.

Dear customer.

The parcel was sent your home address.
And it will arrive within 7 business day.

More information and the tracking number are attached in document below.

Thank you.
© 1994-2011 United Parcel Service of America, Inc.

THE "DAY" INSTEAD OF "DAYS" IS A CLUE HERE, BUT NOT ALL HAVE MISSPELLINGS.

AlpineII

Donation Time
I also received several copies of the same type of message, but from Canada Post. Interestingly enough I went to the real Canada post site and typed in the tracking number that I was referred to. There actually was a real package being moved around but it was going to someone on the other side of the continent. It was reported to Canada Post Security.

This only emphasizes the fact that you should never, repeat never, open attachments or click on links in e-mails you weren't expecting in the first place. How many people received this message, knowing they did not place an order for something and opened the link anyways???

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Under no conditions should you get an email from Canada post saying you have a parcel coming.You will get a card in the mail if you need to pick it up at a Canada post outlet if it was not delivered to you box or house.You may get an attempted delivery notice on your door handle advising you where to pick up your parcel.
You present the card to a postmaster or clerk with 2 types of photo ID.then you can receive the parcel

AlpineII

Donation Time
Chuck,
And that is exactly why I knew there was something wrong!

I know the process only too well as this is my second Alpine I am restoring by mail!! :p

Nickodell

Donation Time
They prey on greed and gullibility. People think "ooh, someone sent a parcel to the wrong address - me! Maybe it's something valuable!"