• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger pulleys

RHFG

Donation Time
Hi Guys

anyone know where I can get the fan and crank pulley for a Tiger? Most modern ones have the wrong offset.

Russ

jmthehermit

Donation Time
I just pulled a crank pulley off one of my motors. It has a 6 inch diameter with a 1 5/8 inch depth. It has 3 bolt holes to attach it to the crank. There is NO part number on the pulley I have. I have one of my non Tiger pulleys for comparision and it is 1 inch deeper. Jeff

mikephillips

Donation Time
The crank pulley, so I've been told, was a heavy forklift application originally from Ford's industrial engine line. Don't ask which though as I don't know. The water pump pulley can be replaced by one a guy from Tigers East is making from billet alloy. I have one at home for the project car and its a nicely made piece, slighly smaller diameter with the original offset. Rick at Sunbeam Specialties also lists both, but I don't know what it is he's selling or if he even actually has any.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Pulleys

We machined our own,5.75" on the crank and a smaller water pump pulley to speed up the pump keeps up the flow at low rpm's, we'll do the same on the
Tiger were building. this is a recommended mod from Stewart Component's.
seems to work we use no fan other than electric. makes no diff as to diameter
as long as the ratios are right.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Here are the Industrial Ford part numbers for the pullys

Water pump-C4JZ-8509-A

Lower pully- C4JZ-6312-A

Hope this helps:cool:

64beam

Donation Time
Thanks guys

as cut and weld is easy it seems the best way forward.

Russ

Hi Russ,

If you go down this route, make sure it is spot on or you could have on-going issues. Is this for a Tiger or Alger project?

Regards, Robin.

RHFG

Donation Time
Hi Robin

my car is a rebuild of a Tiger into another body shell. I know the age old arguments about not being a "real" one but here in NZ we don't much care who did the firewall cut and stitch, the originals were very roughly done, they didn't even grind off the gas axe dags. If the car has all the bits that were different from an Alpine and it has the Tiger ID numbers then its a Tiger, the best ever factory hot rod.

Almost all Tigers sold in NZ were first on the salt roads in UK for some years, so a rust free body is much more desirable than constant rust issues. Making a "Tiger" from fabricated parts is our version of an Alger. The lhd rack was history in this car so I've converted to rhd using Dales MG kit and also fitted a W series Toyota Supra 5 speed box, running a powerloc 3.07 rear. The main bits missing from my car were the toploader, sundry motor parts and the oil filter remote which I won't put back anyway. I'm looking at mounting the alternator on that side. On our race Tiger we use the Econoline oil filter adapter and works great with header pipes.

cheers Russ

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Robin

my car is a rebuild of a Tiger into another body shell. I know the age old arguments about not being a "real" one but here in NZ we don't much care who did the firewall cut and stitch, the originals were very roughly done, they didn't even grind off the gas axe dags. If the car has all the bits that were different from an Alpine and it has the Tiger ID numbers then its a Tiger, the best ever factory hot rod.

Almost all Tigers sold in NZ were first on the salt roads in UK for some years, so a rust free body is much more desirable than constant rust issues. Making a "Tiger" from fabricated parts is our version of an Alger. The lhd rack was history in this car so I've converted to rhd using Dales MG kit and also fitted a W series Toyota Supra 5 speed box, running a powerloc 3.07 rear. The main bits missing from my car were the toploader, sundry motor parts and the oil filter remote which I won't put back anyway. I'm looking at mounting the alternator on that side. On our race Tiger we use the Econoline oil filter adapter and works great with header pipes.

cheers Russ

Hi Russ,

Where the body came from doesn't really worry me too much. Why I was asking is that if it was custom, you may have been able to fit standard pulley's to the engine due to a custom radiator for instance. Are you able to post a few pics of the project? You didn't put your Tiger in the New Zealand Targa by chance and I didn't catch their name? I happened to catch it on TV here in Australia, but the red Tiger retired due to front suspension damage.

Regards, Robin.

Regards, Robin.

rab123

Donation Time
puylley source

I found were someone who had about 4 or 5 pullies a couple years ago, contact me and I will look up his contact information (crank pulley). This person probably also has water pump pullies, or I can get you to someone else who has a smaller diameter pulley, that needs a little minor positioning for better cooling and less cost. Also, Dale at Dalesrestos.com (think address or similiar), may have pullies, he may have take offs, and also has aluminum ones made, fairly expensive.

Hoghead

Silver Level Sponsor
I suspect that very few, if any, still have the stock Tiger water pump flange, and use a common Ford water pump, and push the fan hub inboard to the stock Tiger position. I have redesigned both the stock, and "Fairmont" water pump pullies to fit both the stock 1" hub, and common Ford 5/8 water pump shaft, by knocking out a simple bushing
https://rstech.my-online.store/

Attachments

• _DSC7904 - Resize 65%.JPG
    _DSC7904 - Resize 65%.JPG
    850.5 KB · Views: 2
  • _DSC7905 - Resize 65%.JPG
    _DSC7905 - Resize 65%.JPG
    798.2 KB · Views: 2
  • _DSC7906 - resize 65%.JPG
    _DSC7906 - resize 65%.JPG
    797.4 KB · Views: 2