• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by volvoguys

1. V

Hard Top Side Window Buttons

Gimme a call. Maybe we can work something out.
  2. V

Hard Top Side Window Buttons

I heard from a reliable source that Dan Richardson also had them as recently as 10 days ago,
  3. V

WANTED: Quarter Light base/finisher for GT interior left side

I likely have that, but as a complete q-window and not just the base. PM an email address if interested. Mark ..... volvoguys
  4. V

S-3 soft top hard cover latch assembly

If you're looking for these for Loretta's Series 3, I have a set if latches, but I won't be at the invasion.
  5. V

Rootes Refurbed Radio

The radio pic'd in Joe's thread above is the correct 5-pushbutton Motorola necessary to assemble an optional Tiger LAT-72 deluxe radio console. Even more, it is one of very few that were badged ROOTES in the upper left corner and, even with missing/incorrect knobs, $300 was a decent deal. If a...
  6. V

Lots of bits

Why no prices listed for individual parts? Now if the $25 is for all the parts pic-ed, that's a pretty good deal.
  7. V

Hardtop Help

I've shipped several hardtops and delivery was made thru RL Carriers or Craters & Freighters. Each time I used a skid and affixed a plywood platform on top about 3" wider/longer than the hardtop. The top was covered with a blanket, secured with ratchet straps and small wood blocks attached to...
  8. V

Looking for a Tiger guy in NY

Anyone know of, or perhaps have contact info for Daniel Berke in western New York?
  9. V

My Series IV Driver's Side Window shattered - Who Can Fix It For Me?

Tom's early Series IV driver side door glass pane is identical to the Series. But if he locates glass with a bottom track attached, he must make sure it is for the left side and from a round-corner door. Square- and round-door window parts may look the same, but they aren't, and using the wrong...
  10. V

Difference between an Alpine and a Tiger in the Engine Compartment

"in the Sunbeam world"? How do you plan on getting this between that narrow frame and under the hood of a Sunbeam? 490 BPH is way, way too much power for one of these bodies to handle as a road car.
  11. V

Difference between an Alpine and a Tiger in the Engine Compartment

The distance between the frame rails in a Tiger is identical to a late-production Alpine. Rootes supported the 260 with pair of cast iron motor mounts where the Alpine steering would have been mounted. The inner fender top hats (gussets) are different. If your plans involve using a V8 the...
  12. V

Best place for parts?

There are 2 businesses stateside that specialize in new quality Sunbeam parts: Classic Sunbeam in New York and Sunbeam Specialties in Cali. Both offer a plethora of new interior, trim, weatherstripping, driveline, etc. and have online catalogs to check out what they have. Then there are also a...
  13. V

Correct wheel trim

There are people who proclaim The Book of Norman (BoN) is the definitive guide for all (correct) things Tiger, but I am not one of those guys. Tho I acknowledge BoN does have quite a bit of good info, the topic of wheel trims is a good example where it is clearly wrong. Check out the 2018 CAT...