• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by venice532

1. venice532

SUNI photos wanted

from Buck: "30 cars have already arrived." If anyone knows any details about these Harringtons, tigers, imps and alpines feel free to comment. thanks Bob J.
  2. venice532

SUNI photos wanted

The number of Tigers in the Independence, MO area just increased by 7 this morning. Report from Buck: "Reliable delivered the West Coast Tigers this morning. Buck has the keys."
  3. venice532

SUNI photos wanted

Claudia and Buck: last seen at a preserved gas station in Moriarty, NM Today: Setting up the SUNI registration area in the Hilton parking lot. "Hint- we made it!"
  4. venice532

SUNI photos wanted

Dan M. at the El Rancho Hotel in Gallup, NM and later Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, TX.
  5. venice532

SUNI photos wanted

Hi Jim, like Warren mentioned it was about $2600 both ways and the truck fit 7 tigers. It was arranged by CAT member Steve H. who moves vehicles around for a living. There should be quite a few alpines at SUNI, I hope get to see lots of pictures. Bob
  6. venice532

SUNI photos wanted

Here is a truck full of tigers getting ready to head out to SUNI thanks to Steve H. Bob
  7. venice532

SUNI photos wanted

Hi all, if anyone here is planning on going to SUNI and would care to share your experience you can send me SUNI adventure photos and I'll publish them on the CAT facebook page. When Buck and Claudia did their whirlwind California to Wisconsin trip in their black tiger a few years ago they...
  8. venice532

free series 5 exhaust manifold and radiator

Still have it and it's still free.
  9. venice532

Oil Leak from Bottom of Bellhousing

Hi Alpiner, the same exact thing happened to me about 2 months ago. I have an OD series 5 and even though the trans shifted fine I decided that an oil change was in order. The oil that I drained out was definitely higher viscosity than regular engine oil. I decided to use non detergent 30w and...
  10. venice532

Need Stromberg Experts!

Hi Steve, you might check to make sure the gas cap vent isn't plugged up. If air isn't being allowed to enter the tanks to displace the gas that is being used at some point negative pressure builds up and the gas stops flowing. Years ago my alpine would start to sputter and stall at the...
  11. venice532

new amazon tire delivery

Notice that they are nice enough to ring the doorbell?
  12. venice532

driveshaft place

Hi all, I just wanted to pass on a good experience I just had with a custom driveshaft fabricator. I'm working on a 302/t5 alpine project and after checking all the Ford forums I ended up using Tatton's Drivelines in Utah. He made several 2" od .120 wall balanced driveshafts for me and the...
  13. venice532

Sunbeam 2000 build

I have a couple of crappy turn signal housings you can have for whatever it costs to mail them. They are probably too pitted to be rechromed but they could be painted maybe. Let me know if you want pictures. Bob
  14. venice532

Queen's English Car Show

I just got an email from the organizers saying they postponed the Queen's English show. The new date is September 27th. Bob
  15. venice532

Queen's English Car Show

I emailed them a couple of days ago asking if they were leaning towards cancelling. I also asked them if they were going to give refunds if the event didn't happen. This is the reply I got: The city has told us they have canceled events through April 4 and since we are April 5 we are good to...