• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by VaCat33

1. V

TEAE United 40 14-17 September 2023 Bowling Green, KY

I just added additional rooms to our room block as all the original rooms have been booked. We expect a great turnout and a great event. All Rootes enthusiasts are invited to attend. You can register, book your hotel and get all the event details at the following link...
  2. V

TEAE United 40 14-17 September 2023 Bowling Green, KY

Hi All Registration for United 40 is NOW OPEN. This year the Rootes faithful will gather in Bowling Green, KY on 12-17 September 2023. Our host hotel is the Holiday Inn-University Plaza. We will have all the usual activities…concours, autocross, driving tour and visits to local attractions...
  3. V

Help needed, Nova Scotia to Bowling Green, KY

Bluenose Once registration opens and people begin to sign up, we can keep an eye out for people who are driving their Rootes cars. Hopefully, you might be able to join a convoy at some point, so you are not "flying solo." Look forward to seeing you...and your car in Bowling Green. Jim
  4. V

Alpine Judging Guide

Awesome photos. Will really help fill in the gaps. Question: Is inside the grill mouth painted black like on later series and Tiger? If so, a photo would really help. Thanks jim
  5. V

Alpine Judging Guide

Dansun 22 Thanks. I should be able to crop it so steering wheel center is cropped out. Jim
  6. V

Alpine Judging Guide

Hello All it has been almost three months since my last post asking for photos. Now that spring is here for most, I am hoping your cars are more accessible and you can get some of these these photos we need. Photos of original undersides are needed in particular. The list of photos needed is...
  7. V

Alpine Judging Guide

Hello Just a final plug for assistance on the Alpine Judging Guide. I have attached the latest version of the photos we need. I would estimate the guide is 80% complete. We just need these photos to get us home. I know some of you have sent photos of parts not installed. We may eventually use...
  8. V

Alpine Judging Guide

Definitely can use those photos. Thanks. Jim L
  9. V

Alpine Judging Guide

Thanks for the air filter photos. I already have good photos of that design. The batwing style cleaner I am referring to is for the twin Zenith carbs. See drawing from Parts Manual. We also need a photo(s) of the rectangular airbox design for the solex carb. Thanks Jim L
  10. V

Alpine Judging Guide

Thanks for the info on that little flip up piece. The guide only covers the Series Alpines so one less item to worry about. I did get some photos of the John Boggis SIV and have included several in the guide. Thank you for the continued help on this project. Jim L
  11. V

Alpine Judging Guide

Jim Great research and photos...your google certainly works better than mine. I checked the Parts Manual more closely. See Page YV18 Centre Armrest and Glove box 2201086 Hinge SI 2207656 Hinge SII 2201203 Lock SI 2207882 Lock SII (pictured on Plate B (292)) I see no entries...
  12. V

Alpine Judging Guide

Steve I could definitely use a few shots of the batwing air filter set up. I can crop the photos to eliminate most of the evidence of RHD car. You can send them to President@teae.org Thanks Jim
  13. V

Pictures of an original Tiger Black Dashboard

Jeff The button on the emergency brake handle is grey. Jim
  14. V

Pictures of an original Tiger Black Dashboard

Brake handle is black. No dash mounted toggle type blower switch on early tigers the blower was controlled by the heater lever switch on the right...OFF-CAR-SCREEN (see photo #3.) To turn on the blower you pull that lever out. Jim