• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by V6 JOSE

1. V

Greetings

I want to thank all of you who wished me a happy B-day. It's nice to know I still have many loyal friends still on this forum. I am doing pretty well for an ugly old man. It's great to be back in the states again, and living in the great town of Grants Pass, Oregon. Its the climate, so they say...
  2. V

Pulleys for 2.8 V6

Hi JR, All you need to do is have the extra length of the tube that goes into the engine, turned down to the length of the short one. Make sure that the length of the tube is the same from the tip top the pulley face, so your grooves align. If you have more than one groove on the pulley, you...
  3. V

pair of 2.8 heads

Hi Steve, You also will need to run a Euro spec intake system, although you could run the fuel injection from the Euro spec engine.
  4. V

What's the most power you've been able to achieve?

Hi Mike, There hasn't been a problem with this cam, because there is nothing wrong with it. The problems are because of other reasons. I can't exactly diagnose the problem, because I'm not there to see it for myself, but I can tell you for a fact, the cam is not the problem. Rich Gordon told...
  5. V

Hi Matt, Your V6 isn't weak. It will take 6,000 rpm shifts all day long without even breathing hard. The factory red line for the l;ittle 2.8 V6 is 6,000, which means it is safe at 6,000 rpm. The engine itself will take more than that, but the anciliaries, like the water pump, alternator etc...
  6. V

V6 running too hot

Hi Steve, The way to tell if it is a heavy duty unit, is to compare it to another stock radiator. If they are the same, it hasn't been upgraded. If the car it came with, and the car hasn't been converted to a V6, then it will not be adequate for cooling your V6.It doesn't matter if it is...
  7. V

V6 running too hot

Hi Steve, You mention that you are running the Alpine three core radiator. Did you replace the core for a heavy duty three row core? If you didn't, you will never get the engine to run cool, as the stock Alpine radiator isn't big enough to handle the heat the little V6 puts out.
  8. V

Tdays Birthday Boy

HAPPY B-DAY JIM!!! Sorry I'm late but I've been out of town for a week and incommunicado for that length of time, so wasn't aware of the happenings. Hope you had a great day with family and friends.
  9. V

Average MPG?

Hi Matt, I never ran anything but regular gas in any of my engines, so I don't think you need super. I raced my cars with it too.
  10. V

Distributor drive issue

Hi Todd, The oil pump must be dropped and the oil pump drive shaft needs to be installed then then the pulm can be replaced. The shaft has a thin metal ring that stops the shaft from pulling out when the distributor is pulled and should keep it aligned so the distributor can be installed...
  11. V

8 inch Ford for my V6 Alpine

You did a great job Kelly. How does your Alpine run?
  12. V

Hi Daisy, The factory red lined the 2.8 V6 at 6,000 rpm, so you are totally safe going to that mark. I used to regularly power shifted mine at 7,000 for years, with no harmful effects. It all depends how much you trust your engine. At 3-4,000 rpm, you haven,t even gotten started to tap the...
  13. V

Well Charles, Keep trusting those guys and see where you end up. Neither of them knows squat about the 2.8 V6, so keep on trusting them. One of them has never even ridden in a 2.8 V6 Alpine, much less even worked on one, so so how do you expect him to know anything?All I have to say is Ha ha ha...
  14. V

Thank you John. I appreciate your Acknowledgement.
  15. V

Dan, You make me laugh. You write me to ask info, because you don't know much about the little 2.8 V6, (what you do know is what you have read on this forum) then you pretend to know what is good for this engine. You just got through writing me to ask about what could be Steve's problem, because...