• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Toyanvil

1. Toyanvil

Hardtop color?

I have been slowly working on a new hardtop for my series 2 with the plan to powder coat it white or black, I already have a white one. But after seeing it media blasted I started thinking maybe it would look good the same silver as the wheels, am just not sure if it will look like I bought a...
  2. Toyanvil

Car pics with 14” wheels

And 15" for fun.
  3. Toyanvil

Side to side wheel base

How did you set up your car to check this? If the steering wheel is just a little off center, side to side will be off.
  4. Toyanvil

LS Engine Alpine

Looks like a series 2 to me.
  5. Toyanvil

Front end Alignment

When I did my toe-in, I started with the steering wheel centered, found the center of the tires and set my gauge on the center to center of the back of the tires and then moved the gauge to the front and check the difference between the front and back. Then adjusted the tie rods until I had my...
  6. Toyanvil

Original Brake Disc Series II needed

I have series 2 discs, hubs and a lathe. If someone sends me a late series rotor I can check all the dimensions and off-set. I am running late series hubs on my series 2 with series 2 rotors, so I know the hub I.D., hub bolt pattern is the same, am just not sure about the off-set and diameter. I...
  7. Toyanvil

Front end Alignment

For that to work, your car needs to be at rest and the angle iron pieces need to be the same size as the diameter of your tire, mine are 23" diameter. The inside of my front tires were wearing more then the outside, so I built this, the ends adjust in and out. I set my toe in at 1/8" Drives...
  8. Toyanvil

Alpine series 2 brakes

I am running EBC Greenstuff brake pads PD2134 in my series 2 and they work great. The best price and service I found was RCA Garage in Mundelein, IL U.S.A where Andrew was awesome to work with.
  9. Toyanvil

Looking for a boot Luggage Rack.

I bought a universal one and cut the mounting feet off (I did like like them and when I tightened it down it would bow the trunk lid at the 4 mounts ) and welded nuts into the rack and then grounded the base the match the trunk lid on my series 2. Having it re-chromed was the pricey part.
  10. Toyanvil

Leading or trailing caliper: Any difference?

When I cut down a Mazda RX7 rear axle for my series 2 I keep the calipers in the same location, I just had to rotate them a little up the clear the springs.
  11. Toyanvil

Alpine Disc brake caliper piston diameter

I am running 15x6, 185/55/15 on front. 15x7, 205/50/15 on back, this gives me the same size tire overall diameter front and rear. I have plenty of room for the Mazda RX7 rear disc brakes.
  12. Toyanvil

Series 1-2 Hardtop Headliner bows needed

I have a set that can be used for a pattern, I am in Bakersfield Ca.
  13. Toyanvil

Three point seat belt for Alpine

No, it's still in the stock location. It maybe one of the only things I did not change :D
  14. Toyanvil

Three point seat belt for Alpine

The only safe way to mount three point seat belts in an Alpine is to use a roll bar or find a way to mount them above the body without one, this is the only reason I have a roll bar.
  15. Toyanvil

Copper flare washers for leaky brake lines

I only use pre-annealed stainless steel tubing for all my lines, no kinks or leaks. And the Eastwood flaring tool does not leave grooves in the tubing that can be a failure point. I also add a guard to any line that may rub something.