• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by TomKidd

1. T

MacGregor British Car Parts

I just spoke to Martin yesterday, his number is 905-627-4006. I had emailed him a question and he responded in about 3 days. I concur on the quality of his parts.
  2. T

V6 Badges - Time to place your orders!

Just received my badges, Rick. Mail is little slower up here in the great white north. In a word, FANTASTIC!! Great job, Rick. Thanks
  3. T

My choice is Rootes with the straight V6, but will defer if the majority is the inside 6. Thanks.
  4. T

Last V6 Badge Poll!

Would prefer the straight V6, but would go with the majority. Thanks
  5. T

Clutch Slave Cylinder Flex Line

I'm using the Wilwood slave cylinder, but will need a flex line to connect to it since the slave now moves as opposed to the old slave for the Alpine. Any ideas on which line I should use (make, model, year)?
  6. T

V6 Badge Consider this my order. I'm good with either Rootes and v6 or Sunbeam with v6. Or the 6 inside the v, whatever is the most popular choice. My thanks in advance for Rick to do this!
  7. T

Upper Ball Joint Problems

Ball Joints Thanks guys, I phoned up Richard at SS, and his ball joints have an interference of about 0.020 in (diameter). I have ordered a set from him and will return the set to VB. I also had one of the boots on the ball joint tear when I was removing it to install. I was very careful...
  8. T

Upper Ball Joint Problems

Hey guys, I just received a set of ball joints from VB (upper and lower). My machine shop didn't want to install the uppers (press fit) because they found there was an interference of 0.030 in. I know that normal press fits are about 0.0015 per 1 inch of diameter. These ball joints have a...
  9. T

cheap ball joints...

Upper Ball Joints Hey guys, I just received a set of ball joints from SS (upper and lower). My machine shop didn't want to install the uppers (press fit) because they found there was an interference of 0.030 in. I know that normal press fits are about 0.0015 per 1 inch of diameter. These...
  10. T

V6 Kits

Thanks Jim. We are used to paying more for everything up here in Canada! Tom
  11. T

66,67 and 59 Sunbeam Parts One mostly comp

Hi Steve, email sent regarding front hubs.
  12. T

Holley 4 barrel rebuild

Holley 390 cfm If anyone is considering buying a new Holley carb, you might want to do it. I just purchased a new carb from a local speed shop and they told me that Holley is not shipping any new product right now on account that they (along with Crane cams) is in bankruptcy protection right...
  13. T

V6 Kits

Received my kit Just received my kit yesterday. The headers look great! Satin gray ice, kind of a bare metal colour. I appreciate all of the engineering work done by Jose so that us V6ers can have these parts. I plan to post pictures soon of my conversion... stay tuned. Tom
  14. T

Ceramic coated headers.

I got my headers Hey, just received my headers, they look great! I chose the satin gray ice colour and I'm very happy with the way they turned out. Sort of bare steel colour. Tom
  15. T

3.4L GM v6

Thanks Jose, I will definitely look into that. Tom