• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by tom o

1. T

Anybody rebuilt a Lockheed Servo?

I just went through the exact same thing on my grilling booster. The problem was that the vacuum piston was not returning all the way due to dried grease. I don't know what type of grease to use, so I used vaseline. It works perfect now. If the piston does not return all the way, it does...
  2. T

Bonnet release problem

on my s5, when I pull the hood latch the hood pops up to the safety latch and when I release the handle it releases the safety latch. I don't know if this is stock, but it has worked every time so far.
  3. T

Some like it hot!..So does my Alpine Mark V

the original sv radiator uses the top tank of the radiator for expansion. Your new radiator has a small top tank. I believe you need an expansion tank.
  4. T

oil blank in engine block - thread size

my spare block is plugged with a steel cup type drive plug. appears to be about 3/8 in.
  5. T

Fueling Problem

I believe you have a heat related fuel boiling. When you stop at the gas station heat builds up under the hood. This heat causes the fuel pump and carbs to get above the boiling point of gas. As you get going a gain the cool fuel from the tank cools it down and it work fine again. The next...
  6. T

Dash panel to body mounting mounting ? PICS inside

The lower dash pad has two studs welded to it. They go thru the dash and hold it all together.
  7. T

Sunbeam Alpine Cylinder Head?

what ever it is, it had an overhead cam. There are no pushrod holes.
  8. T

Dash pad replacement

I was a formica counter top installer back in the 70's. we used old venetian blinds as spacers. they are steel like a tape measure. you can stick a corner or two and then pull the out.
  9. T

Rear springs

I don't have a tiger, but because there are two different part numbers for tiger springs, I would say that the six leaf spring is on the right side, and the five leaf is on the left. This is because of the engine torque. All mopars of this era(1967-1972) have this.
  10. T

Engine drain tab: Which adapter size??

I looked at my spare block, and it looks like 1/4 bsp, which is about a 1/2 in. in dia.
  11. T

Engine drain tab: Which adapter size??

The hole in the block is british pipe thread. British pipe thread has a thread angle of 55 degrees not the U.S. 60 degree. The thread taper might be different too, but am not sure. You need to find a british part to go in there. A us pipe thread will start but does not tighten right.
  12. T

Anchoring snap posts

The only solution I know of is to pull the interior panel off and put a nut on it from inside.
  13. T

seam at top of fender

My SV (395018322) had lead in the seam. When I redid the body I releaded it. Just remember body lead is a specific blend, I can't remember what it is. It gives the lead a larger temp range so it can be worked like putty. Using a maple paddle and sheeps talo to move the lead. It does not...
  14. T

new robbins top on a SV

I just pur a new Robbins top on my SV. It fits perfectly, but it came with 2 lift-a-dots and four snaps? My old top did not have any. I am wondering what they might be for? Tom O
  15. T

SV Steering Box inner Column disassembly?

The inner column can not be removed without taking out the pinion shaft first.