• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Suta M

1. S

Scott Merkel Chevy installation

Interesting. Do you have room for the radiator? headers? how are you going to do that :eek: more pictures please. Good luck.
  2. S

Length to cut Mustang II 8" rear?

Hi Guys, Robbie, I'm using 96" Mercury Mystique rear rotors, and 91' Mazda RX 7 Rear calipers, the custom caliper bracket is bolted to the differential flange (No welding) I'll post a couple of pictures for you. Jose, thank you. I totally agree with you, when I measured the original...
  3. S

Length to cut Mustang II 8" rear?

Hi there. Since my car needs rear floor repair I went in a very different direction. I did cut down only the passenger side (long tube) by around 4" and used a short axle. Now I have two short axles (stock) that give me some issues with the battery box being in my way and the drive shaft is 1...
  4. S

3.4 transmission mount

3.4 transmission mount Reply to Thread Miket, I'm still working on the headers, driver side is done. Look for my first post. I'm keeping all the original stering system. not fun but almost there:D
  5. S

3.4 transmission mount

Miket, this is the way I took care of the problem, my transmission is in the original tilted position, just the way it comes from factory in the Camaro/Firebird, I cut some little window on the floor to make room, nothing serious:D
  6. S

Good Ford 2.8 for free..

I just saw this... Someone migth be interested. There is a guy (Bill Guzman) in the MG V6 Forum giving an engine for free. You pay for the shiping. I don't know him. If you are interested contact him directly. this is the link: http://www.mgexperience.net/phorum/read.php?40,991158
  7. S

Milky Oil!!!!

I would use a radiator pressure testing kit, fill the radiator, connect the pump, pressurize the system and see if the pressure drops. If it does at the end of the test, check again you coolant level. If it is low look for the coolant in the crank case. This test wont let you know where you...
  8. S

Dark Side Mustang II Rear Disc Brake Swap

Mike, yes I’m using the Mystique rotors. What I am trying to figure out is which caliper I have, since the 91’ RX 7 Convertible that is the car that I get the calipers from. Come with two different rear disk brake systems (one with solid rotors and one with vented rotors). My calipers have...
  9. S

I Just came back from Auto Zone, and I discover that the 1991 Mazda RX 7 Convertible Came from factory with two different rear disk brake system one which solid rotors and other which vented rotors, the pads are the same en both system but the calipers are different. One is Auto Zone part#...
  10. S

Thank you Mike, that give me plenty of room + or – 0.100†but if you see the pictures again you will notice that the pads are in the calipers. They are barely used but still in very good condition. I just don’t remember the thickness of the RX 7 rear disks. But I remember that they are...
  11. S

The diameter of the disk is 9 15/16â€. I have a set of rear calipers from a 91’ Mazda RX 7, but to be able to use them, I will have to reduce the thicknees of the Mistique disk which is 0.800â€. By 0.040†or so, or grab a set of barely use pads. I still have to do the brackets etc...
  12. S

I have an 8" narrowed ford differential for my project, and I found out that the 1996 Mercury Mystique w/rear disk brake would work. I don’t have the calipers yet and the disk just needs a very simple modification to fit, which is to enlarge the center hole. The bolt pattern is the same as...
  13. S

3.4L GM v6

Thanks. The 4.3V6 is too big, too heavy, and like Mike said, it is a 90 degrees engine. I did have a very hard time with the headers fabrication. You are not going to have room at all for them, and it will be imposible to keep the original steering system. The 3.4L is a very good engine; lots...
  14. S

3.4L GM v6

Mike, I agree with you. It is not just that they look better but they seal the top better than the metal valve covers. I did some modifications to them. One is almost done; I need to weld the first one from the bottom and then I’ll get to the other. A lot of work to do, but it looks...
  15. S

3.4L GM v6

Thank you Guys for the reply. I'll reply to all of your comments/questions below. Jose, I appreciate the comments about the headers. I still have to do the passenger side and the starter is in my way ;) . I did find out that if I use the mini starter from the '97 on a Chevy Blazer 4.3L V6, I...