• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Sunbeam Canada

1. Sunbeam Canada

Yokohama tires

Hi Chuck, If you are truly interested, I'm sure we can figure out a way to get them to you.
  2. Sunbeam Canada

Yokohama tires

Ideal for Sunbeam Alpine. For sale NEW set of 5 Yokohama Avid T4 175/70 R13 all season tires. $400. I have one set on my Series V. These sets were to be for my Series IV. Instead I am upgrading to R14's. Here is a link to Yokohama's website outlining complete details about the tire...
  3. Sunbeam Canada

West Coast Invasion??

Hi Folks, It's been a while since I have logged to this forum and I see that there is some discussion about the potential location of Vancouver as the next Invasion site. Sunbeam Canada has been hosting the Rootes Rendezvous for six years with great success. However, that gathering had...
  4. Sunbeam Canada

West Coast Invasion??

Hi Folks, It's been a while since I have logged to this forum and I see that there is some discussion about the potential location of Vancouver as the next Invasion site. Sunbeam Canada has been hosting the Rootes Rendezvous for six years with great success. However, that gathering had...
  5. Sunbeam Canada

FREE: 1600 bare block.

Hi Folks, I have a bare 1600 Alpine block that is free to anyone who wants to pick it up. I live in downtown Vancouver and cannot ship it. It will have to be picked up. I need it gone soon. Markings: B9404509 LRX 1980898 13-3-1964 This block came bare when I bougth my 64 Alpine in...
  6. Sunbeam Canada

For Sale: Alpine painting

Hello everyone, I have an Original Michael Stockdale, Sunbeam Alpine, acrylic painting on canvass for sale. It measures 11" x 14". I aquired it, as part of my charity projects, to help raise funds for the British Columbia Children's Hospital Foundation. Complete details posted on...
  7. Sunbeam Canada

Toyota Corolla 1600 twin cam conversion

Robin, Any chance of you sending me photos of the mounting points on both the engine and transmission. Also, did you have to cut any part off the Alpine? sunbeamcanada@hotmail.com
  8. Sunbeam Canada

I have posted some images on my website. http://www.sunbeamcanada.org/conversions.htm As you can see it has the Silver top valve cover however, the engine block has 7 ribs (as indicated from one of the photos). It may be Mk1 MR2 mated with the Corolla GT-S ????? I will be picking it up...
  9. Sunbeam Canada

Hey Guys, I just acquired a Toyota Corolla 1600 Twin Cam motor (4A-GE) and transmission for my Alpine IV-GT. I realize that there are some modifications required to make it fit inside the Alpine. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who had done this conversion. .
  10. Sunbeam Canada

Toyota Transmission photos

I am looking for photos of Toyota 5 speed transmission conversion. Specifically, a pre-installed image. Any assistance would be appreciated. My e-mail address listed below
  11. Sunbeam Canada

SUNI Convoy?

Alan, My mind is made up. I spoke with Ed Erikson tonight and he will riding shotgun on this trip. I certainly cannot pass on an event such as this. I have one hurdle to overcome that is booking time off work. I 'm sure I can make it happen. I'll call you tonight.
  12. Sunbeam Canada

SUNI Convoy?

Decisions, decisions.... I have been back and forth whether I should/want to attend this event. Aside from the Imp charity project now in full swing. http://www.sunbeamcanada.org/ and my biggest charity project planned for 2011 and Targa Newfoundland, money is the main issue. Yet again...
  13. Sunbeam Canada

Picture Caption contest?

Here is one caption. "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speeking. Please focus your attention to the left side of the airplane where you will see a rare classic car, the Sun....BAM" (CRASH!)
  14. Sunbeam Canada

Wanted: Imp Steering wheel hub/boss

Hi Folks, I am looking for a steering wheel hub/boss for my '69 Imp. I need to install a smaller steering wheel (13 inch). I know Mota-lita (part number B-27) out of the UK sells them but I am looking for one in N. America. I am trying to keep costs down. Used unit is fine. Any assitance...
  15. Sunbeam Canada

2008 Get Smart Alpine -- Warning High-Res Images

Hi Folks, Just for the record. The Get Smart Sunbeam's ARE Alpines. Sorry Tiger fans. They are two stock Series IV Alpines prepped for the movie: One "stunt" car and the other "show" car. More details on http://www.sunbeamcanada.org/