• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by sunalp

1. sunalp

Late Model Hardtop

I have a late model , large button, hard top for sale. It is complete with headliner & bows, all clamps rain gutters and rear window stainless . It has the usual rust in the rear corners but is very restorable. This is pick up only, but can deliver to Carlisle . $1,500. If you''d like more...
  2. sunalp

Battery Wiring

Fred, I sent you a whole bunch of info on how to install the harness. You should contact me and I'll explain how you should proceed. We can overcome anything a PO ( or DPO) has done to your car. Cheers! Steve
  3. sunalp

Shift Boot

I've had luck with a strong glue, glueing it to the hole in the metal cover. Done it a few times and it's still holding years later.
  4. sunalp

Bumper bolt issue

It's just a 1/2" nut welded inside the frame horn. Be very careful if you tap the hole as , from my experience, it's only welded on one side, and not very well. They tend to break off with too much twisting.
  5. sunalp

1962 Oil Pan Drainplug

Yep, looks like it.
  6. sunalp

Boot weatherstripping

The stand offs are 7/8 " pipe. Just make sure you can get a 1/2" bolt through the center.
  7. sunalp

Boot weatherstripping

Here are some pics of what I have on this car. They shouldn't be all that hard to find.
  8. sunalp

Rubber shock cover

Found a set. PM me if you'd like them Thanks!
  9. sunalp

Rubber shock cover

I'm sure I have a set hanging around. I'll let you know asap.
  10. sunalp

Boot weatherstripping

I've got them on a car I'm working on. I'll try & take some pictures later today and post them. They go around the stand offs (for lack of the proper name) . The bumper bolts go through the stand offs and the O ring seals the hole where the bracket mounts to the body.
  11. sunalp

Boot weatherstripping

They are actually round O rings, by that I mean they are a circle. The profile of the O ring is square.
  12. sunalp

Clutch won't disengage

Sounds like you have the clutch plate in backwards. Easy to do, not as easy to fix.
  13. sunalp

Gas Tank Repair/Sealant

I use RedKote on all the tanks done here. It's about the best you can get, not cheap though.
  14. sunalp

Azure blue series IV GT

Ah, right you are!