• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by studmobile

1. S

wire to steel wheels..

I have a simple puller for the rear wire wheel hubs I'd be glad to lend you. Worked great for me. David
  2. S

Hardtop color?

One other thought- if you have more than one Series lll-V Alpine or Tiger, a black top would work on all.
  3. S

HLM - Dashboard formica

This one is pretty close: https://panolam.com/pattern-search/caluna-cherry/
  4. S

Sunbeam Alpine & Tiger: Rebuilding and re-fitting door handles and locks.

The tricky thing is to find a lock/key system that has the same "flutes" on the key. The mid to late Alpines and all Tiger ignition and door keys use a one sided key, with a flat side with no fluting (RM, RL and ST keys). They won't fit into the cubby/trunk locks, which take an FS key, which...
  5. S

Sunbeam Alpine & Tiger: Rebuilding and re-fitting door handles and locks.

Not sure what you mean by tumblers. If you mean the tubular lock assembly, with the 5 slots with "wards" or "pins", then the two door locks are the same. A similar but different one is used for the ignition, using the same key. Different ones were used in the trunk and cubby locks. There...
  6. S

dash covering

Thanks. The original stuff was so thin, didn't know what options there were
  7. S

dash covering

Any idea what those pieces were originally covered with, and what a modern alternative would be?
  8. S

dash covering

Between the drivers edge of the dash pad and the dash is a cardboard like material, originally riveted on. It always seems to break on removal. Is there a US source for this? Also, on either side is the aluminum plate to cover the corners, covered with a very thin cloth like material. What is...
  9. S

Sunbeam Alpine parts and literature free

Dan, I was going to buy the lot, glad to get you the side pieces, but I think I'll need the lid. David
  10. S

License plate light bracket color

So natural finish, in other words silver? How to prevent rusting? Was looking into powder coating, but now not sure what color. Any other votes?
  11. S

Thanks, I had seen them in body color, but probably after a repaint. Actually, rust is the most common finish I have seen....
  12. S

What was the original color of the bracket that holds the license plate lights? The ones with the 2 glass lenses and the rubber sockets? Were they body color, or black or silver? Thanks, David
  13. S

Stash of Sunbeams in Oregon

Saw this on Barn Finds, listed on FB. Listed in Redmond Oregon. States there are 15 Alpines and "several" Tigers, and tons of parts. Wants to sell all together. Asking $21,000. Apparently previously listed, don't remember seeing it but I don't do FB...
  14. S

need speedometer rebuilt

Is it reasonable to disconnect at the transmission only, and carefully chuck the center shaft into a drill, and turn counterclockwise, watching the speedo? This would clarify that the speedo end was engaging properly, and that the speedo of course works. Would avoid the joy of reconnecting...
  15. S

need speedometer rebuilt

As I remember, Mike Mizrahi was significantly less than that.