• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Stormbringer

1. S

3.5L alpine hits the road

Thanks folks. The plan for a soft top is similar to the early corvettes. I fab'd up a rear bow which will attach to the lid and top frame. Pink chalk line in second pic shows general contour of the top fabric. Third pic shows how I hope will all stow away. Will it work?? Who knows, but I had...
  2. S

Fabricated a deck lid in the fashion of the early corvettes. Need to scrounge up some way to weather strip it next. Modified top frame pics coming soon. Surprisingly, other than alot of rattles it's been pretty trouble free.
  3. S

Just another barn find thread......

I've got a ton of pictures of the subframe and floor panels I built, just send me a PM. I think you are going to find that, like my car, the lower 6" of the entire car will be in bad shape. I was looking into the rover V8 swap when I started this project but am glad I went with the v6, they...
  4. S

Yes this is an LX9 engine. Engine cradle and front suspension are fabricated and use miata spindles and a narrowed miata rack. I fabricated the headers. DanR, I'm not sure what your are looking at but the radiator is in the stock position. Had to make a support structure for it...maybe that is...
  5. S

Don't know if anyone else has completed one of these but here are my results. This started as a $300 basket case. Still lots to do but at least it's drivable!
  6. S

omitting windscreen trim

Well, got it all together and not at all happy with results. Windscreen seal doesn't fit with a crap, next time will try a seal from SS. Or maybe just modify the frame and glue the windshield in with urethane. Thanks for the input!
  7. S

omitting windscreen trim

Is it imperative to use the stainless windscreen trim? Want to use just the painted windscreen frame if possible. Thanks
  8. S

66 or 67 alpine parts car

I would be interested in the windshield and frame if they are in good condition.
  9. S

Parting out a Series V in NY

Hi, Looking for a windshield frame in good condition for a SIV Dan
  10. S

windshield wiper post alignment

Thank you. That's what I was expecting. Made a couple of sleeves from some PEX tubing and everyhting sits just fine now.
  11. S

windshield wiper post alignment

Hello folks, Trying to install the wiper motor and rack and have run into an issue: drivers side(LH) wiper post keeps popping out of place. What keeps the post aligned properly? just the bezel? Thanks,
  12. S

Swapping out the underpinnings - 1963 Alpine

JD, yes I saw from the under pan photo's that you car looked wider. Had never heard of a Lyrad before....very interesting. Should be a blast with that suspension and drivetrain!
  13. S

This is how the front suspension and subframe turned out. Miata control arms were too wide to fit into Alpine frame, by holding onto the miata geometry the upper arms landed right in the middle of the front frame rails. Could have accommodated for that with a whole new frame. Maybe next time??
  14. S

I considered a whole new frame when I started my project, and now after replacing about 2/3's of the frame(rust) and all the floor pans I think it would have been worth starting from scratch . Stock Miata is too wide(approx 66") to drop an Alpine on. I had to narrow the miata front suspension...