• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by steveog

1. S

Seat back finishing

I installed the Sunbeam Specialities reupholstered seat covers a while back and a little unclear on the way the factory finished off the bottom of the back top portion of the of the seats. I've seen them screwed in with four screws at the bottom and others that had the vinyl glued to the front...
  2. S

Factory finishes

Thanks Michael, this is great! When refinishing, are the finishes painted finishes or powder coated?
  3. S

Factory finishes

I am cleaning up my engine compartment and want to paint/finish some of the engine components. Does anyone know the OEM finishes/color/sheen of the following? Thanks! - Radiator overflow tank - Overflow tank bracket - Washer bottle bracket - Fan shroud - Radiator - Alternator bracket -...
  4. S

Online parts site invite

Thanks, it is certainly a work in progress and feedback helps to make it better. To trade a part that already has a catalog item, you click on the name of a person who has or want a part that will bring you to their page of all the parts they have/want. From there, you can contact them to...
  5. S

Online parts site invite

Thanks Ron. We use Facebook's registration plug-in as a way to make it easy to register and later sign in. We wanted to build a system where people would have real identities and Facebook allows us to do that. We are not requesting information other than what is in the registration flow but...
  6. S

Online parts site invite

As an aid to help my restoration, I've been building an online Tiger and Alpine parts catalog and thought I would share the project with the group. I've had some nice folks help me out by sharing their parts and have a good starting point. The site allows anyone to easily add/edit to the...
  7. S

Carb spacer question

to clarify, I have the Edelbrock 2121 manifold and the stock air cleaner.
  8. S

Carb spacer question

I am installing a Edelbrock Performer intake and a 0-80457S Holley carb. I am curious if anyone has a carb spacer recommendation that they found has worked well?
  9. S

Rare Rear Seats

I am actually the seller of these seats. My father got them for me as a gift a while back thinking they would work in my Tiger. A nice gesture, but obviously not for my car.
  10. S

Smith Clock Repair?

I figured it out. You have to unscrew the 4 screws on the back of the clock, remove the case and then uncrimp the face after taking off the hands (compression fit.) Depending on the type of Smith clock you have, the screws on the back of the clock are short or long. If they are longer ones you...
  11. S

Smith Clock Repair?

Does anyone know how to remove the face on a Smith clock? I have removed the glass and chrome but looking at removing the hands and black face to paint and refinish the numbers with some dry transfer lettering. My clock actually works and I don't want to minimize the damage I might do...
  12. S

Wiring Help

Hi everyone, I am in the process of rewiring my dashboard and don't think I have the correct wiring for my amp meter and ignition. Does the amp meter have a ground wire connected to the finger nut? What wires are connected and to the ignition and at what state - always on, etc. I have the...
  13. S

Soft top source / options

Thanks everyone. I should have mentioned I have a Tiger. The soft top guy suggested a black interior as he couldnt find a grey interiored Robbins top. Have other guys gone with black interior (paint the rails), if so how does it look? Ideally, I would like to keep my car cosmetically as stock as...
  14. S

Soft top source / options

I need to upgrade my soft top and have been looking at the Robbins tops. Does anyone know the stock color of the inside of the top? My existing top is black on the outside, white on the inside but not a stock item.
  15. S

Engine upgrade options

I found a 5 bolt 289 that I picked up this week. I am thinking of boring it .30 and would love suggestions as to the upgrade/rebuild options to maximize power but keep the drive-ability. I think I want to go with the Edelbrock F4B and possibly a Holley 600 carb. What types of pistons, cams, etc...